RGS v/s Invicta

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jini

RGS v/s Invicta

Post by Jini »

:?: :?: :?: Opinion on the two schools...cannot make up our mind. DD took both tests (Med and Kent) and scored really high on both. We loved Invicta and RGS equally...RGS maybe a little bit more! Invicta is on our door step. RGS 15 minutes car drive or 45 minutes bus ride...visited both schools twice. Some honest opinion about the schools as parents will be very much appreciated :? :? :idea:
monstermum

Re: RGS v/s Invicta

Post by monstermum »

I've PMed you :)
ams2900

Post by ams2900 »

Oh same question here please, although we live slightly further away than "on doorstep" but any comments would be really usefull. thanks
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

I've PMed you too :)
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

My DD is in Yr 7 and so far I am really pleased with RGS - it seems extremely well organised, my daughter loves her lessons, they have high expectations for all the girls and she is blossoming. There was a fair amount of homework in the first 2/3 weeks but it has reduced now and is quite manageable. There are lots of clubs and music productions/choirs etc.

Feel free to pm me with specific questions.
marplegarrett

Post by marplegarrett »

I cant tell you anything about RGS but my daughter is currently in Year 8 at Invicta and my other daughter is set to join her in September 2014. What can I say - its a fantastic school - she has been so happy there. The education has been really good but its about more than that there. Its how she has grown as a person. Her confidence has come on leaps and bounds and she will happily interact with people. She has made lots of friends and they genuinely all seem a nice bunch of girls. I dont ever for one minute regret our choice ! If you have any questions please feel free to message me x
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

If you haven't got a clear preference I would just go for Invicta. Last time I checked it was very awkward to get to RGS from Maidstone, more like an hour door to door plus two bus changes or (one bus + one long walk.) I remember liking RGS a bit more too years ago, but then I just don't "feel" Invicta, however the journey to RGS need to be considered carefully. The acceleration at Invicta and the huge number of subjects they took 14+ in some cases at GCSE put me off but I understand they have slowed down the acceleration bit now.
Impossible is Nothing.
Jini

Post by Jini »

Thanks for all the info and the PMs. What a helpful forum. I think we are very close to deciding which school!!!! :) :)
Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 »

Hi This is an old thread but wondering what parents decided in the end Invicta or RGS. In the same dilemma and would really appreciate your replies.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now