Ribston open day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
desmond

Ribston open day

Post by desmond »

Does anyone know if Ribston is still running its open day tomorrow. On the website it says the school is only open for sixth form but no mention of the open day.
cazien

Re: Ribston open day

Post by cazien »

Believe Ribston have problems with water main leaking and are closed tomorrow - probably be wise to check with school in the morning.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

DD came home saying the ceilings in 3 class rooms have fallen in due to water leaks and flooding- lots of damage from the sound of it including IT equipment. We have been told to look for updates on the twitter feed on the Ribston website. DD at home again tomorrow!
desmond

Post by desmond »

Thank you

I can't imagine they will want people looking around the school with all that going on but will check in the morning
smudger72

Post by smudger72 »

Spoke to the school earlier and unfortunately tomorrows open morning has been cancelled, they are unable to confirm if another date will be offered.
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

I happened to be in Ribston after school today and saw no damage in the library (as far as I went). A friend I spoke to this evening who works there said that there was major damage - the server room & IT suite both drenched (and ruined), ceilings down, mud (well, technically dirt) everywhere. Hence school emails are down and I would assume intranet. There ware 3 'water & flood damage' vans outside.

As I understand it, today was Ys7, 8 & 9 in, tomorrow 6th form. Only 3 more days then they have a weeks holiday.

When Stroud High lost a server a couple of years ago, it took at least 3 weeks for them to get it up & running again, but luckily that was in the school holidays. They've now put a backup duplicate server & backup system in a different building. Expensive, but imagine what would happen if it all went down during exams or exam results.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

It's a nightmare. My dd is off today and we just don't know what is happening. Rumour mill working overtime but someone told us that RH are looking at a month to get things up and running again. Also, that consideration is being given to dispersal to Crypt and Denmark Rd in the meantime! Apparently it is the language department, IT and the server that have gone, and also, that some students' exam work is inaccessible in room(s). Not to mention some poor dds' lockers flooded. I don't know if they will be alternating which year groups go in and when. So lucky it is the week before the holidays (one parent I know said that she had believed that the holidays started this week, with them being off on Friday anyway?). I don't envy them trying to sort this out, but we could do with a bit of information on what is going to happen next and homework being set for each year group. Maybe Heart, the Echo and/or this forum could help with disseminating information?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I've just had a text to say yr 7's 10's and 11's in tomorrow and yr 7,8,9,10 in on Thursday. All should be back in school after half term.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I know that Ribston is not closed over half term as they have Gloucester Festival starting on Saturday and it runs until next Friday. Competitors have received an email saying that they have had to alter some of the classrooms used as changing rooms. This may hinder the school being able to work on the classrooms.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now