traffic light sheet wrong for out of catchment this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

d2001

traffic light sheet wrong for out of catchment this year?

Post by d2001 »

hi

I was given a "traffic light" results sheet with suitable marks for getting into the schools. Now for out of catchment, some grammar schools have introduced a limit (e.g. KEGS is 24 places for ooc) . doesnt that mean the traffic sheet posted with the results this year is wrong? That last 4 years didnt have such a limit for out of catchment.

Any comments welcomed.

DP
ToadMum

Re: traffic light sheet wrong for out of catchment this year

Post by ToadMum »

KEGS and CCHS introduced a catchment area for the current year 7.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Firstly, it is a guide sheet based on last 4 years admissions. Next to KEGS, they have a small statement which leads me to believe they have worked it out retrospectively, for this school.
So this year things may well be slightly different depending on number of applications.

At the school today, what the head was saying, from their experience anybody scoring over 374 will get in, and that there will still be other ooc places above 364.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

I personally would look at the scores for last year's entries and see what the cut offs are for that year, this will give you the most realistic cut offs as the catchments changed last year. The cut offs last year were not accurate!
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now