Appeal for 2014 entry

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caerdydd

Appeal for 2014 entry

Post by Caerdydd »

Hi
Is anyone able to help me with advice on their experience in the appeals process please?

I've read through the fantastic information which Etienne has posted - thank you - this is so thorough and helpful. However, I'd really appreciate any suggestions or comments from parents / appealants who have gone through the process to get their views. If it relates to Mayfield - even better.

I've looked through historic threads and already contacted worriedmama who posted this time last year on this subject and she has been very helpful.

I think this is the start of a very long process and I want to be as prepared as possible so any comments will be gratefully received.
Last edited by Caerdydd on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etienne

Re: Appeal for 2014 entry

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

Onehappydad posted here - not sure whether he's still following the forum:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ld#p309982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Caerdydd

Post by Caerdydd »

Thanks Etienne. I've sent him a pm so we'll see if he picks it up!
Sparx

Post by Sparx »

My son got through in HTA with 138 134 and 112 in maths I think you stand a good chance.
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

Not sure if you're aware but Mayfield has not filled on allocation day in recent years and last year when the SATs results came out they allowed girls who had level 5s in. Not entirely sure how they were let in, by that i mean they may have had to go through their primary school or go through some appeal procedure. You may want to ask at your primary school. I assume this probably means they are generous at the appeals point too.
Caerdydd

Post by Caerdydd »

Fluffy66 wrote:Not sure if you're aware but Mayfield has not filled on allocation day in recent years and last year when the SATs results came out they allowed girls who had level 5s in. Not entirely sure how they were let in, by that i mean they may have had to go through their primary school or go through some appeal procedure. You may want to ask at your primary school. I assume this probably means they are generous at the appeals point too.
Thanks fluffy66.
Caerdydd

Post by Caerdydd »

Sparx wrote:My son got through in HTA with 138 134 and 112 in maths I think you stand a good chance.
Thanks Sparx - that's good to know. Congratulations to your son.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Been on holiday, have replied to your PM.

Both of my girls got into Grammar on appeal, one with very similar scores to your DD. She`s thriving now in year 10.

Battling through my Uni assignments, so have switched off my appeal section of my brain, but ask away and I`ll help as I can