One week later ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JamesDean

One week later ...

Post by JamesDean »

How's everyone and their DCs doing?

Now that the initial excitement / panic / confusion / disappointment has died down, everything seems to be back to normal at school. DS has discovered that one of his close friends has a high enough ranking to gain a place at KES too, so that's great that they'll be going together - no guarantee they'll be in the same class but its nice to a familiar face when its all so new. As for his other friends, they'll be off to a mixture of other local schools depending on which catchment they live in (our primary catchment spans 3 local comps!) so its been a bit of unsettling week all round really.

Still, we (well DS himself) have finally pressed the submit button and sent in his form, so now we'll just have to get on with things until March and the allocations!

Hope everyone's ok - the Warks board seems to have gone back to its usual sleepy self again :)

JD
Fatnorville

Re: One week later ...

Post by Fatnorville »

I am still battling the East Warks inner / outer region rules, but happy / confident that DS will get the school of his choice, and will be joined by at least one pal from school which is very good news for them all. We have been on half term this week , so we haven't spoken to the school or with many other parents at length. I am just enjoying the remainder of my holiday before the reality of life begins again next week.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

All quiet here. No-one really made a big deal about it at school, which was good. It looks like one other DS might be in with a chance, but seems to be in a similar situation to us.

I've sent in my CAF form and will just wait and see.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Fatnorville wrote:I am still battling the East Warks inner / outer region rules, but happy / confident that DS will get the school of his choice, and will be joined by at least one pal from school which is very good news for them all. We have been on half term this week , so we haven't spoken to the school or with many other parents at length. I am just enjoying the remainder of my holiday before the reality of life begins again next week.
I have to say, the East rules seem very complicated to me!

Great news that DS should be off to his choice - really pleased for you both. We've just broken up now.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

We've just broken up too :) 8 weeks is a long half term!
Have fun, Brum Mum and family.

And I agree about the Eastern system being complex - I'm sure your DS will be just fine Fatnorville :)

JD
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Thanks for your kinds words, all. I am sure we will be fine. I hope the same for you and your DC too. We have the complicated inner / outer circle conundrum...you have the ridiculous competion for school places.

Best of luck all...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

One thing that will be sure - wherever possible, KES separate people from the same school as they believe it does everyone good to start from scratch. And, actually, I agree - everyone in the same boat with the same concerns.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:We've just broken up too :) 8 weeks is a long half term!
Have fun, Brum Mum and family.

And I agree about the Eastern system being complex - I'm sure your DS will be just fine Fatnorville :)

JD
Hope you guys have a nice break too x
Ghostlady

Post by Ghostlady »

It's been a lovely peaceful week after the great stress of results day and the week leading up to it. DS got the result he wanted and decided to tell his Grandma by wrapping an AGS prospectus up and giving it to her for her birthday present! Took her a while to figure out what it was she had got and why :D I wish you all a happy and enjoyable half term
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now