kent test/dover/shepway tests clarification

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bexamy

kent test/dover/shepway tests clarification

Post by bexamy »

Can someone clear something up for me. I was in the school playground this morning and a mum (child is not the best is a bit of a bully has bullied my daughter and other kids routinely) passed me and said oh your daughter passed the Kent test I hear, what school is she going to go. So I said that I hoped she would go to Dover but I wasn't getting complacent. She slammed me down (know where her daughter gets it from) telling me if you passed both the Kent and Dover test you were top of the list, then it was the Kent test, then any remaining space went to Dover test passers. I said that I didn't think that was the case and that neither test took precedence. She then said you are wrong its policy and I should get my facts straight. I just wondered if anyone did know if that was the case or not. I thought both tests carried the same weight, and you were in with the mix
T12ACY

Re: kent test/dover/shepway tests clarification

Post by T12ACY »

Ah, I researched the boys school..... off to look at girls school criteria which seems less 'findable' :?

Ok in the 'transfer to secondary school book' it's clear that entry is through the kent test OR the dover test. The monster woman is talking utter rubbish. The girls qualify by passing EITHER test, it then goes to the over subscription criteria.

Page 66 in this document : https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... 20book.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this has put your mind at rest x
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

She's wrong!
bexamy

Post by bexamy »

yoyo123 wrote:She's wrong!
Thanks I thought she was as when the results came out and we found our daughter had passed both the Kent and Dover tests the head called me in about oversubscription due to where we live etc. If this lady had been right she wouldn't have needed to as by her reckoning she would have been top of the list.