CAF Query - Please help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Finally

CAF Query - Please help!

Post by Finally »

Hi

I really want to get this done now. I have had about 50 emails from Online Admissions to complete it!

My query is - if I put WHSG first (which we are very unlikely to get but putting down anyway just in case and easier journey), and next choice SHSG and she doesn't get that either (as we are borderline), will we then go on the WHSG w/list? She would be a lot further down on the WHSG list but could be quite high up on the SHSG one so would it stop a place on the SHSG list? Am I better just putting SHSG as first choice?

Thanks for reading! :D
Minesatea

Re: CAF Query - Please help!

Post by Minesatea »

If you are allocated your third choice school in March you will automatically go on the waiting list for both of your higher choices. If you then get a place off the waiting list at your second place school (eg SHSB) you will still stay on the waiting list for your first choice (WHSB). However if you are offered a place at your first choice school you will be taken off the second choice schools waiting list.

So put the schools in your true order of preference.
Finally

Re: CAF Query - Please help!

Post by Finally »

Thanks for that Minesatea. Think I get it now! So scared to press that "submit" button! :)