The storm

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

The storm

Post by southbucks3 »

Wide awake, listening to the rumblings from the trees, wondering if the storm is on the way or has missed us. Have read every weather report, and still very unsure how much of a beating the wood will take, and whether the storm is still coming and has just been delayed getting here by a few hours.
For anyone on the south coast my thoughts are with you, it looks v v v wet and windy.
The 14 year old lad being swept away was a harsh reality check...far too close in age to my own son, his poor poor family and friends.
future

Re: The storm

Post by future »

Despite all the weather warnings , I can't fathom why anyone would contemplate going to swim in the sea. My thoughts with his family.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Teenage boys seem so completely unpredictable...I am on a steep learning curve, and my ds has only just hit his teens. Who knows what goes on in their minds, I don't think they know themselves most of the time!

I hope there are no dog rescuing casualties during this weather, they always break my heart, but I just know I would be the one jumping in after my dog too, no matter how stupid the action seems.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Well it has arrived....kids are all huddling, trees are falling.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

How long is it expected to last? Got to take DS to hospital today. Wonder how long it will take.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

what storm?
moved

Post by moved »

No trains here! Might make today's interview problematic!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Well I'm at work. The peak hit about 5:30/6:00 here. Thought our oak tree would be a goner but it has survived.
Lot of debris.
Out of the three bridges across the Thames in Reading two are closed, so that will be fun for some people.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Seems to be calming down.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

If anyone is looking for my front fence, it's next door. And down the road. And round the corner.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now