The Judd or Skinner

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SupportiveFather

The Judd or Skinner

Post by SupportiveFather »

Hello, is someone can give some reviews on Skinner and The Judd school. I am really confused , looking some reviews of them for my DS.
pheasantchick

Re: The Judd or Skinner

Post by pheasantchick »

Both are good schools. Both get good results. Some boys suit Skinners best, some Judd. Visit both and see what feels right for you.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Completely agree PC it really is a matter of feel for these two..... sorry OP that's not a lot of help really to you, but whichever you choose they are both great schools and it's a great choice to have to make!
DaddyOh

Post by DaddyOh »

Agree with PC and Doodles.

These sort of threads tend to end up with loads of Judd and Skinners parents saying the school their DC attend is best.

Both are great schools by pretty much any standard!

By far the best thing is to go round both and choose the one that suits your needs best.
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

I agree, my son visited, fell in love with one and decided that was the place for him, he was not interested in the other one at all. They are both very good but if you son loves one and is motivated enough to get there, there is no point us telling you about the other one! Good luck
doodles

Post by doodles »

My sons are at Skinners and I'm pretty sure PC is a Judd parent and we are very civil to each other aren't we PC! :lol:

No, it's a lovely choice to have and it really truly is a case of "horses for courses".
peter45

Post by peter45 »

Our son's score is enough for him to choose either Skinners or Judd. We, DS and parents, have chosen Judd as one of our daughters is in Grammar school in Tonbridge and it is just easier for us to have 2 in the same area. There will never be a school that is 100% right for your child, but I would suggest if he loves chemistry he would love the chemistry teacher at Judd she is fantastic!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

doodles - perfectly civil, apart from when watching rugby...!

(Actually, my son has never played against Skinners in any sport, but that's where the great rivalry exists)
West Kent Mum

Post by West Kent Mum »

peter45 wrote:There will never be a school that is 100% right for your child, but I would suggest if he loves chemistry he would love the chemistry teacher at Judd she is fantastic!
... but, as in any large school, there are several chemistry teachers so don't count on your DC getting her as his teacher (so far my DS at Judd have not had this particular teacher).
Homer Gain

Post by Homer Gain »

peter45 wrote:Our son's score is enough for him to choose either Skinners or Judd. We, DS and parents, have chosen Judd as one of our daughters is in Grammar school in Tonbridge and it is just easier for us to have 2 in the same area. There will never be a school that is 100% right for your child, but I would suggest if he loves chemistry he would love the chemistry teacher at Judd she is fantastic!
Peter, is this your judgement or your son's. And based on what criteria? And is it possible to upload a photograph?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now