Rgs vs dcgs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
phillipthomas10

Rgs vs dcgs

Post by phillipthomas10 »

Hi Sally Anne

Can u please help.We live close to Rgs.If we put Dcgs as our first choice is this a wise move.Dcgs is not in our catchment and is 5.6 miles from where we live

Thx
scary mum

Re: Rgs vs dcgs

Post by scary mum »

Looking at the allocation profiles DCGS usually only offers to in area. If you are close to RGS and put DCGS first (just in case you got lucky - which looks unlikely) you wouldn't lose out on RGS as your second choice - assuming you really are close enough. As has been said many times on here, put the schools in your genuine order of preference. You will be offered the highest on your list that they can offer you. The schools do not know which order you putt hem in. Sally Anne will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure :)
scary mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I believe you only moved into the rgs catchment a few days ago because you wanted your son to go to rgs? dcgs requires evidence you have lived in your catchment address for over a year if you look on their admissions criteria, the bcc caf does mention dcgs has a special admissions criteria. Even without this criteria scary is right about unlikely allocation.
Do not forget to scan your utility bills for the caf.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Also, if you live close to RGS why would you want to travel to DCGS every day!!? Both are excellent schools and very similar in character and while the journey to DCGS isn't that long, it can still take quite a while in rush hour traffic.