Parmiters Sibling Admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HertsQuery

Parmiters Sibling Admissions

Post by HertsQuery »

I was just looking at the data on sibling admissions over the past couple of years - about 90 children per year! By the time you accounted for the various categories in order of priority, it didn't leave many places awarded on the final distance category (though of course 21 places are awarded before the sibling places get allocated).

Do all siblings get a place irrespective of how the older child got their place?
tense

Re: Parmiters Sibling Admissions

Post by tense »

Yes. I believe it's the same at the other consortium schools.
WP

Post by WP »

HertsQuery wrote:Do all siblings get a place irrespective of how the older child got their place?
Yes, and also regardless of where they are living when the younger sibling applies.

When the sibling rules were under threat a few years ago, the 3 partially selective schools in Wandsworth imposed extra restrictions on their sibling criteria, but none of the Herts ones did.
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

That's interesting. I was talking to a lady at the open evening who already had a daughter at the school. I was quite surprised when she said her daughter had had to sit the Consortium test for a place, given where she said they lived. But looking at the figures for last year there were only 18 places left on the final distance category so it makes sense that only the very closest will get places.

Assuming (fingers crossed) that ds 1 gets an academic place next year then ds 2 will follow the next year, so good news for us. It just didn't hit home until I saw the figures. 1492 applicants last year in total, by the way.
future

Post by future »

Great school but didn't realise the strong sibling taking. Closest school to us but little chance of getting a place for DD based on historical data.
HertsQuery

Post by HertsQuery »

future wrote:Great school but didn't realise the strong sibling taking. Closest school to us but little chance of getting a place for DD based on historical data.
Sympathies, how far away in distance are you?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now