CAT explanation please

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RiverDee

CAT explanation please

Post by RiverDee »

Wondered if anyone could enlighten me about CAT's used as 11+ tests. We are considering entering our DS for an indie after he missed required score in VR style 11+ for local grammar. He's not keen on more tutoring for a new style exam and I have read on the internet that preparation shouldn't be necessary for CAT is that true?

Thanks
Dee
DC17C

Re: CAT explanation please

Post by DC17C »

http://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/products ... th-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The whole idea of these tests is supposed to be assess a child's ability so there is no prep for them so they are only available for schools and no past papers are available. Not sure about using for 11 + though. Good scores may be helpful for an appeal.
RiverDee

Re: CAT explanation please

Post by RiverDee »

Thank you.
This makes me and DS much happier. I think the VR work he did will stand him in good stead and we can practise some NVR type questions. There is an extended essay as well as part of the entrance exam. I have since found out that the CAT is done electronically and DS will enjoy the novelty of answering on a computer rather than paper :D