Score Comparison - CRGS/Essex vs Judd/Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Everest2007

Score Comparison - CRGS/Essex vs Judd/Kent

Post by Everest2007 »

Hello everyone new to the forum and amazed at the wealth of information it provides. This is my first post as I haven't really found a response to a pressing question: how do the Kent vs Essex tests compare?

For reference, what I found out was

Judd 417 based on the Kent PESE
CRGS 340 based on the Essex

If I understand the system correctly (sorry I was raised overseas) the Essex and Kent 11+ papers are separate tests, thus it's like comparing two types of apples. Wondering if we could make comparisons nevertheless, to understand which one is more difficult to get into.

Thinking of two probes:
1. Is there anyone with a first hand experience on how the same child would fare on both? Lots of assumptions, I know.. so let's assume everything else equal, the child slept the same amount etc..
2. How about application success rates, are these available somewhere? This will assume similar populations of course, but hey we have to start somewhere..

What do you think?
mystery

Re: Score Comparison - CRGS/Essex vs Judd/Kent

Post by mystery »

If both test are standardised against a national sample of children can you find out by f o I to kent and f o I to Essex what centile the usual kind of cut off for these two schools represents and compare that to find out which of the to schools you suggest is the more highly selective?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Standardisation in Essex is against the cohort taking the test, not a national one.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moved

Post by moved »

DS took both tests.

But the Essex scores have since changed. They weren't highly comparable at the time. I think 370? for Essex and 420? for Judd. He is in yr 12 now so rather a long time ago.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now