Anyone sitting Sutton High school for girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
victoria123

Anyone sitting Sutton High school for girls?

Post by victoria123 »

I was wondering if anyone else's DD is sitting SHS or Surbiton High/Wimbledon High?

Is there anyone who knows what the exams are like (in terms of difficulty)- I know what what they consist of... :?:
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Anyone sitting Sutton High school for girls?

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

A few years back we did WHS (nice school)... exams were nothing out of the ordinary (NVR and VR) similar to what we had encountered before. There was an interview which was probably important... a good place to show enthusiasm and an idea of what motivates etc.

But aren't you going to Nonsuch?
Animis opibusque parati
iamfrazzled

Post by iamfrazzled »

I think there may be a few mums of girls with similar queries on The Independent threads. Maybe ask for this to be moved over to there? I have heard only heard good things about WHS but this whole school thing is so subjective. I don't think any school likes to be thought of as second choice but with grammars in this area it must be inevitable. Sadly for boys there are no real single sex equivalents to the large number of girls' day schools about the place :I have heard of LEH, Putney, Wimbledon, Surbiton, Sutton, then futher away Tormead, St Teresa's, Greenacre, Manor House etc sothat there is a range of options for a wider ability spread. It is a shame schools like Kingston and Reigate are co-ed, but then I suppose it has been shown that boys fare better in mixed whereas ppl seem to still be happy for their daughters to be in single sex. Also maybe boy mums are happier to let boys travel long distances on train and tube etc whereas maybe not their daughters. Plus it is a pain for sleepovers etc etc.
victoria123

Post by victoria123 »

Thank both
My DD passed nonsuch and wallington (not TGs) and nonsuch is our first choice. SHS is on our reserve list (it would be really difficult financially)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now