IPS NVR Set E .vs. NFER

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SunlampVexesEel

IPS NVR Set E .vs. NFER

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

We had a go at Paper 1 of IPS NVR Set E and found the questions very hard. We normally get on pretty well with NVR but we have not looked at these papers before and they seem 'different'.

How does the IPS NVR Set E compare to NFER NVR and ultimately how do these relate to the Surrey Tiffin tests?

I can't really express exactly what the difference are but the codes and matrices seem different from the ones we have looked at before.

I don't want to confuse by teaching question types which will not come up.

TIA

SVE
Animis opibusque parati
blackbox31

Post by blackbox31 »

We found that there were a lot of mistakes in the IPS NVR and therefore we did not use these we used the NFER papers.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

blackbox31 wrote:We found that there were a lot of mistakes in the IPS NVR and therefore we did not use these we used the NFER papers.
I haven't found a mistake yet. After banging my head against the wall I have managed to get a line of argument that seems to fit with the stated answer but the logic doesn't seem to flow somehow...

... I'm sure I must be missing something.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati

Post by Guest »

My son hated IPS (we also tried their VR and maths but got good marks). We also found mistakes but if I recall more in the form of mistakes in the answe sheet or on one occaision the same answer given for option a and d on the answe sheet. Scored anything from 57 t0 87% whereas he hits a comfy 90%+ in the NFER.

Afraid I can't answer your question about relevence to Tiffin

Good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now