2013 Schools Prom

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

2013 Schools Prom

Post by ToadMum »

Really good evening at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday. DS2's primary school was part of the "Out of Essex" massed ensemble, which performed a specially-commissioned piece by Karl Jenkins at the first of this week's Schools Proms. He usually avoids "performing" so I must admit I was a bit surprised when he told us that he had been asked to join the group and was going to do it, but he said that he really enjoyed both their own performance and the rest of the concert.

DVDs available in time for Christmas, so that's the in-laws sorted :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
um

Re: 2013 Schools Prom

Post by um »

Wow - sounds like a super experience. Well done to your ds.
I love Karl Jenkins' music - Adiemus is my favourite :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

:)

It did take me almost the whole of the first half to work out which one of the 600 DC was my one, though :lol:

I'm more of a Baroque woman, myself, but I have to say that it was a jolly good tune and the man himself was there on the night, presenting the Music Teacher of the Year awards.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Our local school was involved in this one, commemorating the Dambusters - was it the same event? http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2 ... _multiline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I am not in the same place as my programme at the moment, but I think this must have been part of the Tuesday Prom. Each evening there were various individual groups and one 'massed ensemble'. Our section of the Essex ensemble consisted of groups from Chase High School, Westcliff High School for Girls and Darlinghurst Primary, which DS2 attends. On Monday, there were also performers from Norfolk and Devon - I hope that they were allowed a late start the next morning :)

DS2's school declared a 10.00 start, but he was part of a group on a 9.30am visit to the central library for a workshop with a local writer, also his siblings have to be out for the train at 7.40, so not much of a lie-in in our house...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now