Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Treasure trails

Post by Tinkers »

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

http://www.treasuretrails.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taking DD and two of her friends (with their mums too) to London possibly on an inset day soon. They have done the museums to death, so was looking for something different and found this site.

Just wondering if anyone had given them a go and what they thought of them.
JamesDean

Re: Treasure trails

Post by JamesDean »

No, never heard of them but followed your link and the local ones to us sound really good. Might give it go ourselves over the holidays :)

JD
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

We've done a couple local to us, they were good fun but took a bit longer than expected, although we did stop at the pub... :D
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

We have done 3 of them. All Great.

We did one in London along the Southbank. It took us from Borough Market and Southwark Cathedral through the back streets to Tate Modern then back along the river past The Globe Theatre to The Golden Hind. The trail took about 2 hours and was good fun. It made a change from a museum.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Thanks for your replies. I was thinking it was a bit of a long shot asking on here, but I should have known better. :lol:

Have shown DD and she wants to do a local murder mystery this weekend. Not quite sure what that says about her. :oops:

One of the other mums has had a look and thinks it looks interesting.

I think we will do the Westminister one as we are also thinking about going on the London Eye and will be travelling to Waterloo.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Followed your link to take a look. Never heard of it before but it looks great. Let us know how you get on :)

On a slightly similar vein, do you geocache? (http://www.geocaching.com/) Maybe do together with the Treasure trail, or for another time...
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

My husband featured on a geocaching site a few years back, one particularly keen grocacher thought dh was a competitor trying to beat him to the site, he was actually walking the dogs in the pitch dark across a field, as you do, when daylight time runs out in winter. This chap ran up shining a torch at dh asking what he was doing in his field. Dh obviously knew the local farmer, and simply replied he was walking his dogs, what was he doing shining a torch in his face? Which was when we first discovered what geocaching was. The chap blogged his efforts, warning others not to assume the locals were competitors, particularly not to shine torches in the faces of blokes built like 2nd row rugby players, accompanied by very large dogs! Hubby found himself after googling caching to find out what the bloke was doing...He was quite chuffed to about his moment of anonymous fame. :lol:

Forestry commission orienteering is v v cheap, fun and quite tricky, if you have a fc wood nearby, you could collect your xmas tree (legally pay for it, don't just rob one) at the same time.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

TigerMum wrote:Followed your link to take a look. Never heard of it before but it looks great. Let us know how you get on :)

On a slightly similar vein, do you geocache? (http://www.geocaching.com/) Maybe do together with the Treasure trail, or for another time...

Yes we already geocache. I'm already looking to see what's round the area. Wherever we go I look to see if there's any close by.
There's two in the local park that I look after TM, and few others close by that I've placed.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Tinkers wrote: Yes we already geocache. I'm already looking to see what's round the area. Wherever we go I look to see if there's any close by.
There's two in the local park that I look after TM, and few others close by that I've placed.
yes, we've been meaning to find the ones in the park - they belong to you? :) there's one down at the bottom of your road too apparently, have yet to take a look, is that one yours also?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yes that one is mine too.

The two in the park were placed by others, both have moved away, so I adopted them.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now