Online Preference Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scatshouse

Online Preference Form

Post by scatshouse »

Hi,

I've just filled in online preference form.

I read somewhere else on this site that this means you can log on after midnight on 2nd March to find out allocations. (Better than waiting for postman!!)

Would anybody know if this was true and, if so, how would i do this?

Thanks,
Scatshouse

Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi Scatshouse,
We didn't use online form because school asked for forms to send off together.I also read on here about getting offers online but not for Wirral.
I looked at the online form and could'nt see any way of logging on (you don't provide an e-mail or set a password)

If anyone knows any different it would be interesting to know,I know when I looked at the Cheshire site it mentionrd being able to log on for results,but no mention with Wirral,as unhelpful as ever !!

Pensby
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi Pensby,

On Wirral form you do supply e-mail address, for confirmation of your application, but as yet i haven't received e-mail back. I was assuming in the reply e-mail there would be some way of setting password for future use.

It did say that response would take a few minutes. If i don't get reply will phone LEA later for details because i'd really like to know if they've received my application.

Regards,
Scatshouse

HopefulDen

Registered post and replies

Post by HopefulDen »

This may be obvious but make sure everyone who is posting the form sends it registered post-There were a lot of appeals last year because the LEA said it hadn' t received forms and parents insisted they's been posted. The LEA is supposed to send out acknowledgement slips this year to eveyone who sends the form in so if you don't get that after a decent interval make sure you contact them straight away.
Den
Denise J
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Just phoned LEA (phone no. is wrong on the website, had to try numerous depts.) because i didn't get my promised e-mailed confirmation.

Was told that 'yes' they had received it, 'no' i wouldn't get confirmation if i hadn't already but i 'may get a postcard' and 'no' you can't log on to view allocations you have to wait for the post.

No benefits in Wirral, as far as i'm concerned, in applying online, might as well have put form in primary school.

Regards
Scatshouse

Primary Mum

Post by Primary Mum »

And it's a Horrible Wait till March 2nd... :(

don't want to do that again... I wished my life away last year for 3 months waiting for the results..

At least it was good news... But not nice waiting and wondering..

try and enjoy Christmas without the worry if you can..

good luck to everyone taking it this year.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Where did your child get in? and are they enjoying it?
Not looking forward to the wait.
Primary Mum

Post by Primary Mum »

My daughter (just) passed for Wirral Grammar for Girls and she absolutely loves the school. Has made lots of new friends and likes the teachers.

It's a great school.

If she did not pass then Park High was our closest school, and our worst nightmare.

It's a shame how this exam can possibly determine the future for your kids.

I hope everything works out for evryone taking it this year,.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Primary Mum, sounds like we are in the same position as you were last year. We are hoping to get our daughter into Wirral Grammar also and unfortunately our nearest school is Park High too!
I am heartened by the fact that your daughter got in even living this far out. There is always the worry that distance may work against us.
It must be great now your daughter is settled and has made new friends. Did many other children go there from her primary school?
Primary Mum

Post by Primary Mum »

hi we live in Claugton and one other child took the exam for West Kirby and passed.

I'm not sure if a few boys went to St Anselms.

But at wirral Grammar she did not know anyone and now has a circle of around 7 friends already and absolutely loves the school.

If your daughter passes then I would expect her to get a place 100% as some children live as far as Ellesmere port, Little Sutton.

Good Luck Notion I'm sure she will be fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now