Bond assessment sample paper 10-11 no. 22

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
catwoman

Bond assessment sample paper 10-11 no. 22

Post by catwoman »

Hi everyone
Does anyone have any idea why no.22 is d, my Ds says its something to do with the vertical stick and that its chopped off and stuck to the next stick, i have found this quite difficult :(

Any help would be appreciated.
Okanagan

Re: Bond assessment sample paper 10-11 no. 22

Post by Okanagan »

He's right. But it isn't an easy one to explain in words.

Look at the difference between the 1st and second images in the sequence: The right hand part (as you would see it if you looked outwards from the centre of the image) of the "V" on the end of the arm which points upwards (or North if you like - it is sometimes easier to describe these in terms of a compass) has been removed. And the shorter arm (NorthEast) has acquired an extra extension.

Then look at the difference between the 4th and 5th images: The right hand part of the "V" on the end of the arm which points left (or West) has been removed. And then shorter arm (NorthWest) has acquired an extra extension.

Applying this pattern (i.e. the action is moving around in a clockwise direction) to the 2nd image, the right hand part of the "V" on the end of the arm which points Right (or East) needs to be removed, and the shorter arm (SouthEast) needs to acquired to extra extension. Hence D

You can confirm this by taking answer D, and doing the same to the South (remove) and SouthWest (add) arms - which would match up to the 4th image.
catwoman

Re: Bond assessment sample paper 10-11 no. 22

Post by catwoman »

Thanks Okanagan...i can see it now :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now