NEW Gloucestershire Eleven Plus entrance exam 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alice in Underland

NEW Gloucestershire Eleven Plus entrance exam 2014

Post by Alice in Underland »

Notice in Stroud News today December 5th.

Durham University CEM tests.
Testing verbal, non- verbal and numerical reasoning.
Registration 2nd June to 4th July 2014.

Test day Saturday September 2014.

See individual school websites for details.
Orson

Re: NEW Gloucestershire Eleven Plus entrance exam 2014

Post by Orson »

*Sat Sept 13th 2014
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

Sorry having a problem with numbers and sequencing today.....
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Alice in Underland wrote:Sorry having a problem with numbers and sequencing today.....
Don't worry, Alice. You have plenty of time to practice your number skills before you take the test in September.
Capers
Leafymum

Post by Leafymum »

Thanks for posting this information, it's just great to finally have some certainty. Interesting that this does not include English tests. Does that mean it won't include 'Cloze' questions or is that just wishful thinking?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

University of Durham has been contracted to do the CEM testing in Warwickshire for the last few years. The verbal paper certainly contains Cloze questions!! It would be useful for you to find out if the three sections (maths, VR and NVR) will be equally weighted or not. My DS1 sat the paper two years ago and it was equal weighting but DS2 sat this year and maths and NVR were averaged (accounting for 50% of the total mark) and VR accounted for the other 50%. If your child is better at maths then keep your fingers crossed for the equal weighting as NVR is pretty mathematical too!

Thankfully having undertaken Durham CEM twice, we have finished! DS1 happy at his first choice gs and DS2 will be joining him in Sept. Good luck!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I notice that some of the schools have started updating their web sites to gove more information and some FAQ's (Crypt, for example).
Capers
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Ooh such a big surprise, we'd never have guessed. I like the way they stop just short of saying its 'tutor proof' but I have to say, on the balance of fairness to differing abilities, i think it's a good thing.. I do feel for those sitting in September though..
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

capers123 wrote:I notice that some of the schools have started updating their web sites to gove more information and some FAQ's (Crypt, for example).
I like what you've done there.. :-)
PaterGloucester

Post by PaterGloucester »

Posted this twice, but it seems relevant:

Changes to the Grammar School Entrance Test
Dear Parent/Guardian,

The Grammar School Entrance Test (11+) is changing in Gloucestershire in 2014, for entrance in September 2015.

The seven Gloucestershire Grammar Schools: Marling School; Pate’s Grammar School; Ribston Hall High School; Sir Thomas Rich's School; Stroud High School; The Crypt School and The High School for Girls have made the joint decision to use Durham University CEM tests. CEM are one of the largest independent providers of educational assessment and monitoring systems in the world. They have been developing selection assessments since 1999, and provide tests for a number of grammar schools in other counties.

The schools are concerned by the amount of tutoring that currently takes place. CEM design their tests to enable all children to demonstrate their academic potential without excessive preparation. They do not produce commercially available practice materials, however familiarisation material will be made available via the Gloucestershire Grammar Schools’ websites in January 2014. CEM further advise that beyond the familiarisation material, the best preparation for their tests is to read books and use mathematics on a regular basis.

Please be aware that the dates for registration for the test and the test dates have changed for 2014.

Key Dates

Monday 2 June 2014 On-line registration for 2015 Entry opens
Friday 4 July 2014 Registration closes at noon
Saturday 13 September 2014 Test day
By Monday 13 October 2014 Results sent to parents
As a result of the earlier test date and registration window, there may be additional open events at each of the schools so please check individual websites for details.

Yours sincerely
M.SR Morgan
Matthew Morgan
HEADMASTER
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now