11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by Tinkers »

I'm a girl and I'm very good at parking. :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I can park my great big beeping Alhambra easily...parallel parking, smooth as ice! However dh has girl proofed his cars, he has no power steering...remember that? Really really difficult, really really embarrassing to park in public, it takes me about 20 steers, and I get very red of the chops.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Amber, my children tell me I park like a female.

southbucks3, in our ancient Citroen C8, there is apparently power steering but that's it. No parking sensors (do I mean censors?) Lots of strange noises.

I'm not good at parking. Dc say perhaps I need new glasses because after all, I drive a honda jazz which is for "older people".

Tinkers, I don't know why but I would imagine you to be good at parking just because I think you said you're an engineer? Of course that shouldn't make any difference. You probably think logically.

Dh says to ask you all, what car seats 6, holds a fair amount of luggage, and is easy to drive? I suppose we mean some kind of people carrier? I shouldn't have told my family you were discussing cars. Ds1 would like to work for Aston Martin. A friend of ours works there, he is quite high up, and ds1 has been out for test drives before the cars have been legally on the road. They've gone along the motorway at I don't know how fast. Ds1 loves it.

Anyone been in a db9?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

ginx wrote:
Tinkers, I don't know why but I would imagine you to be good at parking just because I think you said you're an engineer? Of course that shouldn't make any difference. You probably think logically.

Anyone been in a db9?
Don't think logic comes into it. I'm led to believe its because I'm dyslexic and have good spatial awareness, which has it's uses in engineering too.

I can read maps and navigate too.

Haven't been in an Aston, but have seen two Bugati Veyrons. One on the m4 and another in deepest Leicestershire.

One of my friend's neighbours has Maserati. I look at it fondly everyday as I walk past.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I love the Alhambra for the pure fact that I have turned it into a skip with 4 wheels, it does beep at me constantly, but no parking sensors I am afraid, I am just good at parking :D .there may be on the newer models. The best thing is taking the seats out, filling it with building junk, and swanning off to the tip, without the need for a van permit. Also it fits a bale of straw in it with 5 seats, and two big dogs. Yeah it does stink...but guess what, when everybody else is changing their boots, and drying the dogs off, we are zooming off, mud and all. :lol:
epfuser

Post by epfuser »

A friend of mine works in RAC support and thought it would be funny to ask him which ones he "sees" the most. The answer was shocking (to me)- its mostly German cars :shock: , then the French and American. The Japanese ones are the least likely to need roadside attention.

I then tried some "independent research" and found this.

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/top-100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

btw... he said "Go for Honda or Nissan", in case you were wondering :D
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Amber wrote:In Sweden I saw something called a Duster.
Made by Dacia I think - an East European (Romanian?) branch of Renault.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In the 'proper' Aston Martin factory (Newport Pagnall) you aren't allowed to sit in the cars as they are all already sold before they start building them.
epfuser

Post by epfuser »

I did a test drive of the Duster a few weeks back... loved it, excellent ride and incredible VFM - but wife hates it as they don't do "automatic".
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

If u check your facts before posting, there is no factory at Newport Pagnell
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now