Why is it always the rubbish that's left in the sales?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
StJamesDad

Why is it always the rubbish that's left in the sales?

Post by StJamesDad »

It seems obvious on the face of it, the decent stuff sells better/quicker.

Someone had to make and buy the ugly colours and silly sizes though so I tend to think its more that people are not doing their job well lol.

If I look online and see something in say 3 different colours heavily discounted, I can usually guess which colour and rough size will be the ones left when I click on it. Surely the people whose job it is to stock the item should have an even better idea than me and should not have stocked it in the first place?

If they had ordered more of the better sizes and colours it would probably not have gone into the bargain bin in the first place, and their company would have made more money.
stroudydad

Re: Why is it always the rubbish that's left in the sales?

Post by stroudydad »

I agree, it seems perfectly logical doesn't it...
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

I used to go to a really nice little independent bakers in Southfields South London.
If I went in just after lunch they would always have sold out of the same rolls and have the same ones left.

The mind boggles at what they were thinking each morning as they made rolls they knew would not sell.
They certainly were not thinking about the potential customers they would be briefly meeting later that day as they walked in and quickly back out of the shop.
Amber

Post by Amber »

As someone with a birthday just after Christmas I've received more than my fair share of it over the years I can tell you.

ETA - not stale bread rolls. My friends aren't that bad.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

My friend absolutely loves m&s undie sales, as she is the one person in the country who manages to find matching bra and knickers.....she is not of "normal" stature to say the least!

I always feel really sorry for the authors who end up in the sale at book shops, it must be truly disheartening to find yourself 75% reduced at waterstones.

I am also always quite shocked at how many size 8 customers joules aspire to have, year after year they seemingly make the same mistake, both online and in store the sales are full of tiny clothes.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

worse culprit is NEXT...some of the crap they wheel out for the winter sales...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now