Kent Pass Mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gio

Kent Pass Mark

Post by gio »

Forgetting raw scores, standardised scores, SAT results, CAT results, test paper results etc., would I be correct in thinking that as a rough guideline getting an average score of about 50% in the real papers would result in a pass in Kent?
guest00

Post by guest00 »

Yes that is right.

http://www.judd.kent.sch.uk/Documents/P ... %2006).pdf

(Sorry, couldn't hyperlink it. If you go to The Judd's web site choose prospectus and then 'Kent Tests info for parents' at the bottom of the page.)
Gio

Kent Pass Mark

Post by Gio »

Thanks. It's easy to get a bit disheartened when you read through some posts on this forum - they lead you to believe that almost perfect scores are required for a pass.
Gio

Kent Pass Mark

Post by Gio »

Another question - does anyone know the equivalent figure for Bexley?
Anne42

Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

and Medway :) Please.

Post by Guest »

Just to point out to Gio, nobody is trying to dishearten or mis-lead anybody. The truth is that in some areas children do need well above 90% to be in with a chance!

Boy, I wish only 50% would do!!

Post by Guest »

Just to point out to Gio, nobody is trying to dishearten or mis-lead anybody. The truth is that in some areas children do need well above 90% to be in with a chance!
Sorry to intrude on Kent but I'd like to know if you are talking about a raw score of 90%. I am so curious as to where these figures come from. Do your LEAs publish these figures for general consumption. Where I live in North London all the schools have different entrance exams. Some have VR/NVR/English and Maths NFER MC, others have in house published written papers, others have a combination of both. However, no school lets on what sort of score one should be aiming for to even be in with a chance. Its just the top 180 or 160 or 64 or 24 depending upon which school you are looking at. The score needed to achieve a place will obviously vary depending upon the strength of the cohort. Lots of people on this website quote statistics ie 90%, 85%, 70% etc but its always nice to know the source of your statistics where possible ie fact or anecdotal.

Post by Guest »

Kent CC don't volunteer the information- or indeed any information at all really. However it is possible to request the figures under the Freedom of Information Act or to ask to see your own child's marked papers.

The 50% figures you will see come from a school website. Presumably they made such a request. What they don't tell you is how performance in the exam relates to performance in practice papers. I understand that children tend to score lower on the real thing.
guest00

Post by guest00 »

Sorry to intrude on Kent but I'd like to know if you are talking about a raw score of 90%. I am so curious as to where these figures come from. Do your LEAs publish these figures for general consumption. Where I live in North London all the schools have different entrance exams. Some have VR/NVR/English and Maths NFER MC, others have in house published written papers, others have a combination of both. However, no school lets on what sort of score one should be aiming for to even be in with a chance. Its just the top 180 or 160 or 64 or 24 depending upon which school you are looking at. The score needed to achieve a place will obviously vary depending upon the strength of the cohort. Lots of people on this website quote statistics ie 90%, 85%, 70% etc but its always nice to know the source of your statistics where possible ie fact or anecdotal.
In Kent the 11+ is set by the LEA, not the individual Grammar schools, so you only have to sit one 11+ (which consists of four papers in VR/NVR/MATHS Nfer MC, and a written English piece, only taken into account for borerline fails)and you can apply to any grammar school in Kent.

Post by Guest »

Someone has just posted re essex 11+ where parents have posted the scores children acheived to make it to grammars (Scores please no names post). Very few seem to get into the 90% + bracket. Thats the sort of info that is useful for all areas. Although entry scores will vary with each cohort/paper at least an idea can be formed as to whether your child has any hope at all. This whole 90% thing can be very discouraging
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now