Results - envelope size

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GemmaB

Results - envelope size

Post by GemmaB »

Few of us wondering in Bucks can you tell outcome by thickness of envelope..... i.e. if details of appeal procedure i.e. not reached the required mark, will it be thicker.....?

Any clues gratefully received
Thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Gemma

Please see the following link, Section E part D, if a child has not qualified the head ‘may’ enclose a letter detailing arrangements to meet the parents. So unless parents can see the difference between 1 thickness of A4 paper, then no you canot tell if a child has passed or not...

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... r_2008.pdf
D. Preparing the results for release
After checking the information you have received, you should place each child’s letter in an envelope together with a copy of the ‘Publication of 11+ Test Scores’ leaflet. You may also like to enclose a letter indicating any special arrangements you have made to meet with parents who might wish their child’s case for grammar school qualification to be reviewed.
You will just have to wait until you get home! [I confess I opened mine in the car, just couldn't wait any longer]

Hope this helps

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Also opened the letter in the car... parked in a back street..
patricia

Post by patricia »

Catherine, were you wearing dark glasses and a trench coat...

Post by Guest »

I would be so tempted but whatever the news I couldn't then drive home safely - so, it will wait until we are all safely at home.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anonymous wrote:I would be so tempted but whatever the news I couldn't then drive home safely - so, it will wait until we are all safely at home.
Very wise Guest. Who would have thought that my fellow Super-Mods had so little restraint? :lol:

Sally-Anne
Confused!

Post by Confused! »

Are your results out in Bucks today?
If so, good luck! :)
I was there this time last week and waited until I got home until I opened them.
Melx

Post by Melx »

I haveto say I never wanted to know and blcoked my ears to anyone trying to discuss it.

If I were you I'd get my child, the envelope and just get out of there.

On a serious note I think you are far better off not knowing what size the envelope will be anyway, its just another thing to worry about.

Very best of luck to you all

Melx
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The Bucks results will be out at the end of November, Confused.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You could tell in the past as the Appeals booklet was in non-qualifying children's envelopes -
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now