Old GL papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MerlinFromCamelot

Old GL papers

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Hi,

I was wondering if those preparing for the 11+ this year are still using the old GL practice papers? We are in Bexley and now using the materials as suggested on the Bucks forum. I was however still going to use the old GL papers as a bit of extra practice. Just not sure how likely it will be that Kent will be sticking with the old style VR questions. The Bexley VR questions are now totally different.

It looks like it is now much harder work to prepare for both the Bexley and the Kent test, however, Bexley seems a safe bet... the board is so quiet that it seems that I'm the only one in Bexley preparing for it! :lol:

Thanks.
mystery

Re: Old GL papers

Post by mystery »

I intend to use gl papers in vr, nvr, maths and English. It is hard to know though if gl will prepare some complete surprises or not.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Thanks Mystery, I think the old papers are still good practice. The trouble with VR is that if the "CEM/Bexley" style VR is tested instead of the old VR as we know it, the old practice papers would be of no use.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I can't see GL Assessment nicking CEM stuff. GL have oodles more assessment material to their name than CEM so it's probably more a question if they are going to scrape up something different of their own from existing non plus material or completely new. They're not going to want C E M getting them for breach of copyright ... not that there is really anything to copyright in a C E M paper as you can't prevent anyone devising shuffled sentences, comprehension questions, multi-choice Cloze passages or yards of synonyms and antonyms.

But yes, they might have decided to drop codes or something and we could be practising them for nothing. Probably still useful for the brain in some way or other though.