comprehension B'ham and Queen Marys Walsall

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
catwoman

comprehension B'ham and Queen Marys Walsall

Post by catwoman »

Just a quick question, does anyone know if in the exams our Dc get separate time to read the comp passage or do they get one time to cover the reading and the questions? :?
wildwest

Re: comprehension B'ham and Queen Marys Walsall

Post by wildwest »

My understanding is that the time includes both reading and answering questions. However, I do recall that some years ago, they decided to be particularly cruel (according to me!!) and gave a passage to read in the first part of the exam (without pre warning the children that they will be given questions based on the passage in the next half) and after break gave them the questions to answer.
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

That just sounds cruel wildwest...taking the paper away :evil: will have to prewarn my Ds...how could they...can you imagine a hall full of 10 year olds sitting there in anticipation...poor them :(
Looking at the fptp books it'll take my Ds at least 15 mins to read them teeny weeny
words in the passage...never mind the questions :!:
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

just read through some of the posts on here catwoman. looks like the time given to do comprehension includes both reading the passage and answer the qns
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Thanks wildwest will have to start timing Ds now and pre-warn him not to spend all the time just reading the passage :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now