Words within words examples?

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manana

Words within words examples?

Post by Manana »

I want my daughter to practise doing this sort of things-not just anagrams, but finding as many smaller words as you can within a longer words, but can't find any worksheets/online games to practise with? I know there's boggle/scrabble etc-but ca anyone point me in the right direction of a list of good longer words that have lots of smaller words inside!!?
southbucks3

Re: Words within words examples?

Post by southbucks3 »

Hello, you could use word wheels, these often feature in newspapers...such as I, along with my favourite word ladders.

Here is a link to a puzzle mag for them, the whole word has to be found too in these puzzles, but the answer is given, so you could use that if you wanted a complete word to begin with, having to use the middle letter makes it more challenging. We normally have one going on our kitchen board and change it each week. :D

http://www.puzzle-magazine.com/wordwheel-magazine.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Is it a subscription magazine sb3?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

No, it's an instant download, I use it for all sorts of puzzles, a couple of quid from PayPal and you get it within seconds to either print or keep on your iPad.

Love puzzles me...so nerdy I know!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now