MTS Exam Today - Some boys called out for interview today...

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HappyCow

MTS Exam Today - Some boys called out for interview today...

Post by HappyCow »

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.
DS & I are both curious - 4 boys were called out to part take in an interview following the VR exam, end of the day. Very well done to them if they have already been highlighted.

My DS found the papers harder than Habs, except for VR which was fairly straightforward.
Daogroupie

Re: MTS Exam Today - Some boys called out for interview toda

Post by Daogroupie »

They would not already be highlighted. They are not going to start marking the papers on the very day the boys are sitting them. It is more likely that they live far away and their parents requested for their interview to be on the same day as the exam so they did not have to travel to the school twice in a couple of weeks. DG
stardoll

Post by stardoll »

My son thought the last page was really hard. Did anyone's child manage to do the last page?
He thought the English and VR were easy.
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

DG - Glad it is something like that. DS was definitely taken aback by it though. The first thing he said when he came out of the exam.

English - DS did not find it easy - said it was ok. He said a few questions had high marks allocated to them - I think it is harder to earn marks then.

Maths - yes a few quite hard questions.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think MT handled the boys coming out for their interviews badly. It seems to have rattled quite a few boys who felt that they were not one of the "chosen"

The English would not have been easy. The big mark question was interesting. That is the most amount of marks I have ever encountered for a single question in a comprehension paper. Marks lost on that question could have quite a big impact on the result. Boys who did not take careful account of the mark scheme would be at a disadvantage. DG
stardoll

Post by stardoll »

DS said the four boys were from abroad that's why they had their interviews yesterday.

What was the question with high marks on the comprehension?
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

Thanks Stardoll - I shall put DS at ease. He had marvelled at MTs' efficiency! Or certainly thought they were scholarship candidates.

English - not sure what the questions were (I wouldn't be able to get that much detail from DS). The first 2 questions were 5 and 6 marks each.

Is DS sitting any more exams?
stardoll

Post by stardoll »

Hi,

Yes, hes sitting St Albans boys on Saturday. How about your son?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote:I think MT handled the boys coming out for their interviews badly. It seems to have rattled quite a few boys who felt that they were not one of the "chosen"

Sounds like it would help if they mentioned in the letters re the test that overseas students may be interviewed on the day.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You can pm me for the detail on the question. I am not going to post detail until I know that the back up date for those ill on the day has taken place.

I thought it would be something to do with it being too far to travel to return for the interview.

I think they should have told the other boys though as some of them felt that they had already failed because they were not pulled out for interview.

DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now