Interview Notification by CLSG - Soon I Hope?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tjs777

Interview Notification by CLSG - Soon I Hope?

Post by tjs777 »

I'm new to the crazy process and this most helpful website. When will the CLSG interview offers begin to emerge and, being an optimist, what is involved in the 30 minute interview - sounds like it could be a real challenge. What are the statistics - taking the exams, then interview offers and then actual offers of places?
Daogroupie

Re: Interview Notification by CLSG - Soon I Hope?

Post by Daogroupie »

NLCS started sending their emails today so you will get an email from City soon. The interview will make sure that your dd can think on her feet with maths questions and has not just been drilled. DG
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Last year the City email for interview came exactly a week after the exam, good luck!
goldieandthreebears

Post by goldieandthreebears »

Unfortunately we won't be getting any results from CLSG today. The wait continues until Monday
staar

Post by staar »

We got the invite for interview via email but no date until tomorrow. Its an academic interview , does anyone know what this might involve?
tjs777

Post by tjs777 »

We got the same interview invite today. Very pleased and proud. My wife thinks it might be a group interview... but I'm certain it is 1 to 1. As much detail as possible please - still a novice in this process!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is not a group interview, it is one to one. What they mean by an academic interview is that you will be asked Maths and other subject questions. It will not be just about you as a person. They want to make sure that you can think on your feet as well as being well prepared for the exams. DG
tjs777

Post by tjs777 »

My thread has 756 views and 6 responses. I'm still looking for more insight. Much appreciated.
London-Dad

Post by London-Dad »

tjs777 wrote:I'm new to the crazy process and this most helpful website. When will the CLSG interview offers begin to emerge and, being an optimist, what is involved in the 30 minute interview - sounds like it could be a real challenge. What are the statistics - taking the exams, then interview offers and then actual offers of places?
Not an expert at all on CLSG...so happy to be corrected on following stats.
800 applications...with approx. 300 being interviewed (you will know this from interview letter).
Progress from junior school virtually automatic...so I assume around 60 places up for grabs (??)
Based on two schools with which I am familiar: 80 offers from City resulted in 20 acceptances (over last few years...one school in North London, one in west London)

Not sure at all how valid to extrapolate that acceptance rate across all London schools...
...but probably fair to assume that CLSG will make at least 120-140 offers to fill 60 places.
Many girls in top 100 for CLSG will take up offers at SPGS / NLCS / HBS etc etc ...but acceptance rate will presumably rise as they go down ranking list.

Some schools have got burnt in recent years by "over -offering" and then being forced to take more than intended intake...so maybe more are happy to be cautious in offers and make more active use of waiting list.
I would guess that CLSG may make as many as 150 offers (based on their own historical data) to fill 60 places...but I am happy to be corrected if anyone has more accurate info.

Re interview: mental maths questions / puzzles / "tell me about this picture" ....are to be expected at standard 11+ interviews....in addition to favourite books, hobbies etc.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

My DD had a City interview last year. There was a tough maths question (girls may not be able to solve it but need to show a logical approach) and another problem solving question, plus a few general questions. All interviews were one to one, no group activity/interview.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now