Anyone heard from CRGS?

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Anyone heard from CRGS?

Post by moved »

DD applied and knows of a girl who has already had an interview, but she has heard nothing. Just wondered where anyone else was with the process. I know that there are 400 applicants, so not too worried, but...
KB

Re: Anyone heard from CRGS?

Post by KB »

I remember DD being in similar position with others having had interviews and not having heard anything but it wasn't significant.
Hope she hears soon.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Different school, different year but same principle- DD didn't hear anything until two weeks after some of her friends. They were interviewed before her and weren't offered places; she was. So try not to worry.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Is that 400 external applicants?

The school website still has the numbers to be admitted in September to the lower, middle and upper schools as TBA. So possibly they are waiting for the final decision on numbers before offering places.
KB

Post by KB »

They won't offer places until all interviews have been carried out. It is still early. In past the offers went out about the same time as secondary school allocation day.
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks all. Yes to 400 external applicants for sixth form. I have reassured DD that she is a strong candidate, but she is worried. I will share this with her now.

I'm viewing it as good preparation for uni application, when we will have to wait and won't get offers from everywhere, but it is hard when they are going through it for the first time.

Thanks again.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Fingers crossed you hear something soon.
I do find it strange how much earlier the externals had to apply than the internals (who still haven't yet). You would think it would be helpful to know the demand for each subject from the internal students before starting the external interviews.
moved

Post by moved »

DD was phoned today; CRGS have been trying, without success, to email her. She is invited for interview. Phew!
Amber

Post by Amber »

moved wrote:DD was phoned today; CRGS have been trying, without success, to email her.
Full stop in the wrong place? Anyway, good news and good luck to her.
KB

Post by KB »

Hope it goes well.
Encourage her not to be apprehensive. The staff doing the interviewing genuinely want to get the best out of the applicants, they won't be trying to catch her out.
Try to be confident as possible and show enthusiasm for learning as well as being part of the school community.
Hope it goes well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now