Sutton Girls PAN 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
knotmum

Sutton Girls PAN 2014

Post by knotmum »

I've just seen a letter to parents on the SCGSG website stating their intention to increase to a 6 form entry school. This means offering a further 30 places. Has anyone else heard about this? It is our first choice and I was already optimistic DD would gain a place but this gives added hope. At the same time I'm saddened for her friends who were borderline and opted not to put the school down as surely this will affect qualifying score?
zha

Re: Sutton Girls PAN 2014

Post by zha »

knotmum wrote:I've just seen a letter to parents on the SCGSG website stating their intention to increase to a 6 form entry school. This means offering a further 30 places. Has anyone else heard about this? It is our first choice and I was already optimistic DD would gain a place but this gives added hope. At the same time I'm saddened for her friends who were borderline and opted not to put the school down as surely this will affect qualifying score?

My DDx2 who attend SCGSG say that there is a good chance there will be an increase in intake by 30 pupils. The year when this will come into effect is not clear.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Have a look at the thread Possible Qualifying scores, in this section - Sutton has confirmed that they ate increasing by 30 for Sept 2014 entry. I am not sure how the Birmingham waiting lists work, but maybe parents can apply for their daughters to go on the waiting list, after National Offer Day?
Cookiemonster

Post by Cookiemonster »

My understanding of the the letter on the school website suggests that increases in numbers is very likely to happen in 2014 by 30. However if funding is not forthcoming from external agencies then for subsequent years there is the possibility that they may revert back to five forms.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Anyone who had placed the school on their CAF would be put on its waiting list if they didn't qualify as long as it was placed above the school they were allocated. All preferences after the allocated school are disregarded.

You cannot be placed on the waiting list of a school that you have not applied for. However, it has been known for exceptions to be made if there is a good reason and for the candidate to be placed on the waiting after allocations, at the discretion of the school. It might be worth citing the fact that extra places were announced after the forms went in and the score would not have been enough in previous years.

I guess we need to wait and see just how much difference the extra places make to the QS.
UmSusu
Sharm123

Post by Sharm123 »

Hi my hubby is moving jobs and coming to Birmingham. Please can someone tell me Is KE Camp Hill first. Rey much better to Sutton Hill grammar.And Also can pls someone recommend an Indi school for my son age 6?thanks. Appreciate some feedback
um

Post by um »

Do you mean Sutton Coldfield Girls' Grammar School?
Are you looking for a boy (in which case Bishop Vesey's would be more suitable)?
If you could explain further, that would help posters to give you the information you're looking for.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

You can 'add' schools even after March 3rd.

Birmingham will just add your DC to the waiting list. This is very annoying for others who applied originally, and are also on the waiting list, as your child will enter the list according to their score.

Do it, and just don't tell anyone :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now