centre parcs Elveden

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SleepyHead

centre parcs Elveden

Post by SleepyHead »

Has anyone been recently. we went years ago but I'm hearing that that the lodges are poorly maintained and dirty so quite undecided about booking.

Any feedback would be great. Or indeed any other ideas away for a long weekend over feb half term

thanks
sleepyhead
hermanmunster

Re: centre parcs Elveden

Post by hermanmunster »

depends where you live? when I lived further south / east I used to find it cheaper (and more fun) to get the ferry and stay at a Center Parcs in Netherlands / belgium
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

thanks hermanmunster - we live south west herts bordering middlesex
guest201

Post by guest201 »

we went to Elveden last Easter and our accommodation was immaculate, we all really enjoyed it apart from the below zero temperatures.(if you remember the weather was extremely cold last march)
we will be repeating this year.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

thanks guest201 - that's good to hear. DS would love it - with all the wild life that comes to the patio door.

Think I'll be checking the prices again :)
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

thanks guest201 - that's good to hear. DS would love it - with all the wild life that comes to the patio door.

Think I'll be checking the prices again :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

We went for a week in August and the accommodation was immaculate, as was the whole site. They were full apparently which I was surprised to hear as it didn't feel like it and we didn't queue for anything. It was a little pricey but a wonderful holiday and we want to try it again this year. We mainly self catered and the on-site supermarket was quite reasonably priced.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

thank you doodles - good to hear another positive review
sh
Angelcake

Post by Angelcake »

I think it might depend which accommodation you are in. We want in January 2012 so things may have improved since then but our Comfort Plus villa was very run down; one of the windows didn't shut properly and we had snow on the windowsill (inside) one morning. However they were steadily doing them up and turning them into what I think are Woodland Villas which would be up to their current high standards.
tense

Post by tense »

What about the new one at Woburn? It must be pretty close to you. Mind you, am not actually sure if it's open yet...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now