How are we doing CCHS 2014 intake contenders?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

How are we doing CCHS 2014 intake contenders?

Post by Araucana girl »

Just over a month to go - how are you all doing?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
ICParent

Re: How are we doing CCHS 2014 intake contenders?

Post by ICParent »

Hi AG,

Just sitting here wondering what direction our lives will take for the next 7 years.

Hopefully Chelmsford way but we'll find out soon
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Hi Araucana girl

To be honest, I am still not sure that we have put the schools in the right order on our form. There are pros and cons for all the schools on our list. We really couldn't decide between them so in the end we went with the closest school and I am now hoping that was the right choice.

I have told dd that whichever school she gets, that is the best school for her. She is extremely fortunate in that she is choosing between 3 fabulous grammar schools and an outstanding comprehensive school.

I am trying not to worry too much about which school she actually gets because there really is no way for me to know which one she would be happiest at. Hopefully she will be happy wherever she goes.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

talea51 wrote:Hi Araucana girl

To be honest, I am still not sure that we have put the schools in the right order on our form. There are pros and cons for all the schools on our list. We really couldn't decide between them so in the end we went with the closest school and I am now hoping that was the right choice.

I have told dd that whichever school she gets, that is the best school for her. She is extremely fortunate in that she is choosing between 3 fabulous grammar schools and an outstanding comprehensive school.

I am trying not to worry too much about which school she actually gets because there really is no way for me to know which one she would be happiest at. Hopefully she will be happy wherever she goes.
Hi talea51, I take it, from remembering your posts, that you put CCHS first then :D I think your dd will do well and be happy wherever she goes, she obviously has the ability and will find friends and settle in. Pastoral care from what I have heard is great at CCHS.

Albert Einstein
desperatedad

Post by desperatedad »

Starting to worry as we don't have a back up. Decided against asking daughter to sit even more entrance exams and our local comp has just fallen even further down in the league tables. March 3 can't come soon enough
djy76

Post by djy76 »

desparatedad, I know how that feels, I think our comp props up the bottom of the table (though I could be cruelly maligning the place) - we made our DS sit another couple of exams due to the outcome of the 11plus so we are nervously awaiting the outcome of those applications..
rekha

Post by rekha »

Hi All
Though there are only 28 days this month of Feb, we all are going to feel it as the longest month of the year.. can't wait for March the 3rd…
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

desperatedad wrote:Starting to worry as we don't have a back up. Decided against asking daughter to sit even more entrance exams and our local comp has just fallen even further down in the league tables. March 3 can't come soon enough
We did the same pretty much - she did the exam for the Southend Grammars and for CCHS - mucked up the Southend one for an OOC place, although guttingly she would have walked in if IC :cry: So CCHS will be our only hope of a grammar place for her.

However I shouldn't grumble as our local comp is pretty good and she did like it when she visited.

Aaagh I so want a good result on allocation day :?

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

desperatedad wrote:Starting to worry as we don't have a back up. Decided against asking daughter to sit even more entrance exams and our local comp has just fallen even further down in the league tables. March 3 can't come soon enough
Your dd will walk it desperatedad - just seen her score for CSSE - last admission I could see off waiting list last year was 330 for ColCHSG :D :D

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Hi Araucana girl

Yes, we did put CCHS first although I am not sure whether dd will actually get in there. She asked me yesterday what the lowest score was that got in last year and I told her that as it's a brand new exam, we don't have that information so we don't know.

I am not good at waiting, no patience so 3rd March can't come quick enough for me. 4 weeks today!

I hope that they put the allocation on the website at midnight otherwise I will not be able to sleep that night!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now