Number of applicants to Habs girls and numbers interviewed

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Number of applicants to Habs girls and numbers interviewed

Post by Daogroupie »

Over 600 girls applied to Habs girls this year and 280 were called back to interview which is less than half. The interview in the words of my dd "was more like a second exam" and is not like the jolly chat about your hobbies and favourite subjects that seems to take place in some of the other schools. So there will be a major weed out at the interviews that are going on this week and next. Perhaps as many as half will not make it past the interview. DG
j70

Re: Number of applicants to Habs girls and numbers interview

Post by j70 »

Would you be able to tell me the format of the interview at Habs girls? I know you have posted elsewhere that it is more like another exam, but I'm not sure what to expect. Many thanks.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Some schools do general knowledge and all about you type of interviews and some schools do add this and solve this and tell me something about that type of academic interviews. Habs does the latter. It is English and Maths questions asked verbally rather than being written on a piece of paper with the candidate writing an answer. DG
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

I remember my daughter saying she felt like she was being dragged over the coals by the maths HOD when she went in for her 6th form interview. To make it worse, I had forced her to take the interview as it was too late to pull out. She got a scholarship offer from NLCS for the IB (her first choice) an hour before the Habs interview and I felt it was just plain rude not to turn up at the last minute.

She could have killed me when she walked out of the interview but then she had the pleasure to turning down Habs a few days later.
j70

Post by j70 »

Thanks DG. Do you know how many places they offer? With 280 girls being interviewed, it feels like a pretty slim chance of getting in!
MumT2

Post by MumT2 »

DD also sat the Habs girls 11+ exam and confirmed it was like a mini exam and she was rushed. :(