What school are you hoping for? Not long to go :-)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Morgan0210

What school are you hoping for? Not long to go :-)

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi everyone,
How's everyone doing? Not too long to go now until offers day!
What school are you hoping for? We're hoping for shsg if not whsg we are in Southend catchment! Was having a chat with dd the other day about secondary schools she's feeling bit sad that she won't be going with any of her friends I think it's suddenly dawning on her that this is the last year with her primary school friends :-(
ToadMum

Re: What school are you hoping for? Not long to go :-)

Post by ToadMum »

Also in catchment for the Southend schools, with SHSB first preference (Troy house as we have DS1's old ties and games kit to re-use :lol: ).

As far as we know, only one other boy in DS2's year passed and will be going to SHSB. They get on well together but are not "bosom buddies" and would expect to form their own friendship groups. Don't worry about your DD being the only one of her group going to whichever school; she will soon make new friends. DD joined SHSG right at the end of year 7 last summer, settling in quite quickly and keeping up with friends from primary school and Cecil Jones via Skype (and the dreaded but really quite useful Facebook :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Hoping for CCHS for dd, we are in catchment. We have no idea what the pass mark is going to be - really envious of you guys in catchment for Southend Schools, if we were incatchment for those we would know now dd had a guaranteed place at a gs - unfortunately her score is too low for an OOC place at WHSG although we have put that second and SHSG fourth (local good comp which is OOC for us but we liked and is closer is third)

I keep going from 'I think we are in with a chance' state of mind, to 'no chance, we must be too far down on waiting list'.

We have a great local comp which she liked(3rd choice) but I will still be gutted on allocation day if that is what she is allocated :cry:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

ToadMum wrote:Also in catchment for the Southend schools, with SHSB first preference (Troy house as we have DS1's old ties and games kit to re-use :lol: ).

As far as we know, only one other boy in DS2's year passed and will be going to SHSB. They get on well together but are not "bosom buddies" and would expect to form their own friendship groups. Don't worry about your DD being the only one of her group going to whichever school; she will soon make new friends. DD joined SHSG right at the end of year 7 last summer, settling in quite quickly and keeping up with friends from primary school and Cecil Jones via Skype (and the dreaded but really quite useful Facebook :) ).
Aww fingers crossed you get shsb, there's a few boys from dd school hoping to go there too...
Its good to hear your dd settled in well at shsg especially starting so late into the year! I know there will be lots of girls and boys starting with no close friends , I've told my dd that out of all her friends they would love to be in her position and she will make friends she's not a shy girl so guess that will go in her favour starting off ! X
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Araucana girl wrote:Hoping for CCHS for dd, we are in catchment. We have no idea what the pass mark is going to be - really envious of you guys in catchment for Southend Schools, if we were incatchment for those we would know now dd had a guaranteed place at a gs - unfortunately her score is too low for an OOC place at WHSG although we have put that second and SHSG fourth (local good comp which is OOC for us but we liked and is closer is third)

I keep going from 'I think we are in with a chance' state of mind, to 'no chance, we must be too far down on waiting list'.

We have a great local comp which she liked(3rd choice) but I will still be gutted on allocation day if that is what she is allocated :cry:
Hi there,
Yes I feel quite lucky as I know dd is guaranteed a place at a Southend school, really hope you get your 1st choice fingers crossed for you xx
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Morgan0210 wrote:
Hi there,
Yes I feel quite lucky as I know dd is guaranteed a place at a Southend school, really hope you get your 1st choice fingers crossed for you xx
Thank you. Hope you get your first choice too :wink:

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

We are hoping for either CCHS or WHSG. I will be delighted with either of those. If we were in catchment for WHSG, dd would be guaranteed a place but even OOC she is in the green zone for WHSG so we are quite hopeful that we will get it.

As for CCHS, well that's the million dollar question. It all depends on how many IC girls got higher scores than my dd. She didn't do fabulously in the CCHS exam (not as well as I had hoped ) so it's very much a guessing game.

Roll on 3rd March!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

talea51 wrote:We are hoping for either CCHS or WHSG. I will be delighted with either of those. If we were in catchment for WHSG, dd would be guaranteed a place but even OOC she is in the green zone for WHSG so we are quite hopeful that we will get it.

As for CCHS, well that's the million dollar question. It all depends on how many IC girls got higher scores than my dd. She didn't do fabulously in the CCHS exam (not as well as I had hoped ) so it's very much a guessing game.

Roll on 3rd March!
Don't say that - I think from my memory she did better than my dd :cry:

Albert Einstein
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Hoping for ColCHS. My dd is feeling the same as yours Morgan - really excited to be (hopefully) going but also sad that she won't have any of her friends. Her best friend passed the 11+ easily but we ended up putting 1st and 2nd choice the other way round to each other but sure they'll soon make new friends. x
Saltylerjoel

Post by Saltylerjoel »

We are hoping for SHSB or WHSB (DS liked SHSB best).

We were ooc at the application time as our house sale/purchase hadn't completed but are ic now, so may have to wait until the 2nd round of offers from the waiting list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now