How long from 1st round and 2nd round offers on 3rd March?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maddiebean

How long from 1st round and 2nd round offers on 3rd March?

Post by Maddiebean »

So dd is quite unlikely to get a place first round (out of area) - does anyone know how long will the wait be before the second round places are allocated?

Thanks.
Maddiebean

Re: How long from 1st round and 2nd round offers on 3rd Marc

Post by Maddiebean »

Ps sorry for confusing title - I do realise it doesn't all happen on 3rd March - it made sense in my head when I typed it :lol: 8)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I can't quite remember what the deadline is for accepting first round offers (in my head I think it is about a fortnight) so nothing will happen before then.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Ok! So I have got off my arse and looked on the kent site. http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... chool.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a précis of what it says...

3 March 2014 - offers
19 March 2014 - put name on waiting list
21 March 2014 - accept places
2 April 2014 - appeal by this date
23 April 2014 - allocation from waiting list.

So I guess 2nd round offers end of March ish?

Proactive answering of my own question - can you imagine what a pain I'm going to be if I have to appeal :roll:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Maddiebean wrote:Ok! So I have got off my arse and looked on the kent site. http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... chool.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a précis of what it says...

3 March 2014 - offers
19 March 2014 - put name on waiting list
21 March 2014 - accept places
2 April 2014 - appeal by this date
23 April 2014 - allocation from waiting list.

So I guess 2nd round offers end of March ish?

Proactive answering of my own question - can you imagine what a pain I'm going to be if I have to appeal :roll:
You might as well accept your offer, good or bad, on March 3rd as soon as you get it - unless you have an Indie place in the wings as a back-up, you really don't want to leave yourself with no school at all. If you don't accept your offer school and don't get what you want on appeal and have to start all over again with a late application you will almost certainly get somewhere even less desirable than what you had to start with :(
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now