paper 1 or 2 ???????????????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sickchild

paper 1 or 2 ???????????????

Post by sickchild »

Hello Patricia and others,

Please can someone clarify for me what test my child will do on Thursday. We leave in Milton Keynes and were given 22/10 and 25/10 as the test dates. However our child was not at all well on Monday and when we spoke to admisions we were told not to attend for the test. So will go on 25/10 and will be offered a Saturday date as well.

We thought from this web site that you always test 1 first but my husband was told by admissions that it will be the same test as the rest of the children, meaning test 2 first.

Please can someone clarify what will be given, on 25/10 test 1 or 2, if the child missed the first test on 22/10???????????
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mum of Sick Child

I would get that checked. See following link.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/schools/docum ... r_2008.pdf

Section C part 2

"For any child absent on the day of a test please advise the parent, in advance, of the rescheduled test date and ensure the child sits the tests in the correct order"

Section C part 3

"Before commencing the tests ensure that the test number on both the test paper and answer sheet are correct. REMEMBER all pupils must sit the tests in numerical order – B22 before B23."

Section C part 5

"REMEMBER - All candidates MUST sit the tests in the correct order and on separate, nonconsecutive, days."

Patricia

Post by Guest »

I don't understand why it matters which way round the tests are given?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

To ensure the process is FAIR and CONSISTENT for ALL candidates.

Patricia
sickchild

Post by sickchild »

Thanks, Patricia.

Also guest, I suppose it doesn't matter but it was just something I had read on the forum.

Fingers crossed for Thursday, whatever the test.............I just hope our child can make it.

Post by Guest »

Hi. My daughter, too, was unable to take her test on Monday. When I contacted admissions I was informed that she will take paper one along with other children who had failed to attend on Monday. Paper two, as you mentioned, will be taken in November.

Post by Guest »

It may be consistent for everyone to sit the papers in the same order, but I can't see what fairness has to do with it. Each is done separately, on a different day, so how could it matter which way round you did them? I'm not trying to be awkward. I just don't understand the issue.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I tend to agree that it doesn't look like it matters too much. But some people may see some unfairness somewhere if there is inconsistency. If there is no inconsistency there is no unfairness for this particular issue.
This is all in the rules stated by Bucks CC, and these rules have to be followed to avoid issues of maladministration etc...
sickchild

Post by sickchild »

Just got home and thought I would confirm the the paper given was B22....I think this is paper one.

Thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now