scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
frantic

scores?

Post by frantic »

Hi Everyone, Can anyone tell me how the scores are calculated. I know the pass mark is 236 out of a possible 284 and that each of the two papers are 88 questions. Are some questions worth more marks?

Hope everyone is coping with the stress!! not long now & then the long long wait

Best wishes Frantic xx
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Frantic (welcome to frantic anonymous)

There are actually 80 questions per paper and although I'm not absolutely sure myself previous posters suggest that a passmark equates to about 85%.
What school are you hoping for?
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Forgot to say that each question is worth the same mark so in terms of speed it is probably best to skip a tricky one until the end of the paper.
Frantic

scores?

Post by Frantic »

Thanks notionpotion,
we're hoping for Wirral Grammar boys, how about you? Our second choice is South Wirral with Neston as third. My son is averaging about 85% with a June birthday so here's hoping. If anything lets him down it will be the timing as he does tend to panic, also he's not as good on the vocab questions, so those are the ones we're concentrating more on.
Thanks again
frantic xx
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Frantic,
We are hoping for Wirral Grammar for Girls. We live 3 and a half miles away so fingers crossed.
Your son sounds like he is doing well with 85%. We've still got a few more weeks yet so hopefully he will be "peaking" by then!
There are some helpful word lists on this site which help concentrate vocab. They are worth a look.
A stressful time for us adults (and the kids of course, but hopefully not too much).
Best of luck to your son.
Nearly over then we can all be normal again!
Notion P.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Nearly over then we can all be normal again!
Keep dreaming!! :lol:

AM
frantic

scores?

Post by frantic »

Hi Notion P, I think we must be addicted to this site!! I'll be glad when it's all over. My son doesn't appear to be worried at all which is good. He really liked South Wirral High (our 2nd choice) when we went to the open evening, so I think he'd be happy if he was offered there. What's your 2nd choice? I wish I could fast forward to March 08!!
Bye 4 now
Frantic xx
frantic

Scores?

Post by frantic »

Sorry NP, I've printed off the word list a while ago & am ploughing through it with him (long job!!) he is improving, weve turned it into a bit of a game - three words a day sort of thing
Frantic xx
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Second choice is Prenton High. 1.7 miles away. Not nearest school. If you had asked me about it before their open day then my perceptions of it would have been negative but having visited the school I have to say I was impressed. They have had a load of money spent on it so the facilities are good and modern. The teachers were enthusiastic and the girla were nice. Crucially they have a newish headteacher (only been there 2 years but turning school around into a hidden gem).
So daughter is happy to go there if she doesn't pass for Wirral.
We still hoping for Wirral though (which also has all of the above).
Will have to wait and see.
Notion P
madmum

Post by madmum »

Hi Notion P
Could not agree with you more about Prenton Girls it really is a 'hidden gem'. My daughter has also put Wirral Girls first and Prenton second.