North Cestrian Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
altydad

North Cestrian Grammar School

Post by altydad »

Does anyone know what the entrance criteria will be for the North Cestrian Grammar School when/if it becomes a free school?
Mr147

Re: North Cestrian Grammar School

Post by Mr147 »

There will be no entrance exams I hear - The main aim is to take very local children in that possibly struggled in the Grammar exams (this is what I have been told)

Hope this helps!
catmum

Post by catmum »

Would you want a place at north cestrian? I checked it out for my DS when he narrowly missed the grammar entrance exams but was really shocked by their poor outcomes/results which seemed to be lower than the none selective local schools and much worse than the Grammars, I do know some who went on there from my DCs primary and they don't seem to have performed anywhere near as well as I would have expecte, a big surprise given they are fee paying and have an entrance exam currently. Would definitely have thought they should outperform the high schools? ( unless anyone else knows something I've not spotted/taken into account?!)
NS1

Post by NS1 »

I believe they have a very high percentage of students with learning difficulties e.g. Dyslexia and have provisions to get the best out of children with special needs.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

NS1 wrote:I believe they have a very high percentage of students with learning difficulties e.g. Dyslexia and have provisions to get the best out of children with special needs.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... t=cestrian
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
catmum

Post by catmum »

That would explain the figures then. ( I thought there may be more to it as the numbers surprised me) I guess the value added score is the one to look at then if comparing schools, much like the super selective schools achieving very high exam results, but out of a cohort of already very bright children?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now