Debating clubs! Help please!!!!!!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LittleMissMama

Debating clubs! Help please!!!!!!!!

Post by LittleMissMama »

Was wondering if anyone knew of any debating clubs for KS2 children. My daughter is 8 and lacks confidence. Thought this would be a good way of getting her out of her shell.

I am based in Waltham Forest but closer to Redbridge............pleeeeaaaaasssse anybody? :oops:
kenyancowgirl

Re: Debating clubs! Help please!!!!!!!!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I don't know of any debating club but you could also consider a reputable drama club if it is confidence and self esteem you wish to raise. Good luck!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

If she lacks confidence, then any club which she enjoys and excels at will give her confidence. What's her interests?
LittleMissMama

Post by LittleMissMama »

Drama clubs??? That's an interesting thought. Hadn't considered that at all. Even though she has an older and younger sister she lacks a lot of confidence within school. At home she is like a little tiger, especially with her younger sibling yet is soooo painfully shy at school.. It has got to the point where she no longer wants to attend school. Was thinking getting her to open up in a fun environment would help her? Has anyone else experienced anything similar with their children?

A sad mama :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now