Feed the World (and Enrich Your Vocab!)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Feed the World (and Enrich Your Vocab!)

Post by Sally-Anne »

A new challenge for quiet moments - for every correct answer the filthy-rich international sponsors of this UN site will donate 10 grains of rice.

http://www.freerice.com/

There are 50 levels, and apparently Level 48 is most people's max. (I will confess that I made it to 49, but it didn't last!!! :? )
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Ooooh. I wish you'd never told me about this, I predict many wasted hours will follow....
Katie

Post by Katie »

any thing to bring me back to the real world - I'll let you know how I get on - should be back in 1 minute then!!!!
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

This could become addictive.

Haven't got passed level 42 and now it's going down!

Oh well, it is late.

I'm wondering who counts out the grains of rice??
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Scatshouse,

It's NFER and its standardised rice.. :lol:

AM

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the tip, it's a great site.
Just one word of warning: watch out for those American spellings!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Appeal Mum wrote:Scatshouse,

It's NFER and its standardised rice.. :lol:

AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fab, AM! We were just discussing who counts the grains of rice when I logged on and saw that comment.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

It's NFER and its standardised rice..

I am expectorating plumes and am writhen with ague to find out that having a January birthday I will never be able to work out exactly how many grains of rice I have earned!! (Not wishing to vaunt, but it's quite a few now!)

I am but an embrangled, dilettante ingenue when it comes to understanding this rapacious, machiavellian, cabal appellatating itself NFER!

Anyway I am divaricating, I'm off to assist my scion with his communicative ratiocination practice and cacagrophy.

And to donate a few more grains :lol:

Post by Guest »

Absolutelybloominbrilliant!

Just about to start preparing for Bucks VR with second one and showed her this great new site - it's the first time I've ever seen her scurrying for a dictionary! :lol:

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Same here! It seems to start on around Level 40 so I answered quite a few questions wrong to get down to level 6 and then let DS work his way up. He was thrilled to make it from Level 6 to Level 13 and donate over 1000 grains of rice along the way. He is on a mission to donate 100,000 grains. (I may not be back for a couple of weeks then!)'