Countdown!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lancashire lass

Countdown!!

Post by Lancashire lass »

15 days to go til THE Day!!! Have to say I have just started to think about it properly, not sure how we will deal with either decision as DS passed GS test but we are not in catchment and have been told that they are not sure how far they go out as it differs from year to year . I am sure I will back on here before "blast off" ( as I count down from 10 as my youngest son does !!)
Hoping everyone out there has a good half term before we get really close to allocation day.
hermanmunster

Re: Countdown!!

Post by hermanmunster »

Good luck! It really is hard having passed and then having to wait to find out "what the distance is this year".

often a problem in Skipton where it swings from only taking people within 6 miles to being able to take "anyone who passed"

Keeping fingers crossed for you!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

It really is hard, I remember once it hit Feb, I started to 'countdown'. You really never can tell, DD's year was the lowest pass rate in many years plus a low sibling year, yet we missed out by more than any of the previous few years, whilst I knew we may miss out, I was really shocked, so you really never do know, fingers crossed for a good year for you! If you are in Notts you get an email in the morning, but last year I couldn't sleep the night before, even though I knew DS automatically had a sibling place, so I logged on to the admissions thing (I was still convinced I must have made a mistake - having gone through the trauma of an appeal, it seemed too easy for DS!) about 12.30am and DS's offer was there Sx
Lancashire lass

thank you HM.
Think I will be logging on at the strike of midnight, Stocky.
8 days left .... Blimey brings back the sick butterfly feeling I use to have before my own exam results came out many many moons ago .... Awful feeling
Lancashire lass

4 more sleeps ....we'll 3 really as I will be logging in as the clock strikes midnight on Sunday/Monday!! :shock:
Woundupmother

Post by Woundupmother »

Good to see I'm not the only one planning on staying up tonight! Feeling really, nervous.
Lancashire lass

Staying up until 00.30 as hopefully as website says allocations posted online then .... Longest evening of my life... 3 hours and 22 minutes left ... Watching mr self ridge to kill 52 minutes of that !!
Woundupmother

Post by Woundupmother »

I've got work tomorrow so 12.30am is my cutoff too. I've never known the time tick by so slowly. Which school are you hoping for?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Good luck to everyone waiting for Lincolnshire schools. I hope you all get what you want.
Woundupmother

Post by Woundupmother »

Thanks Alex