St Helen's

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CandyCrush

St Helen's

Post by CandyCrush »

Fantastic result yesterday - DD is very excited about joining St Helen's. We were really impressed with the selection process. DD felt relaxed at interview despite some tough academic questions. I got to meet Dr Short, the headmistress, who was very personable and answered all my questions. DS is currently at Merchant Taylors and we are confident St Helen's will provide DD with same standard of excellent education. Roll on September!
Middlesexmum

Re: St Helen's

Post by Middlesexmum »

My oldest dd is there in Year 8. It's a fantastic school.

I like the way the girls did fun science experiments in exam day and how each offer letter was personally written mentioning the girls interests.

Well done to your dd candycrush, are you going to the meeting on 24th February?
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

Thanks Middlesexmum. We've already made our decision to accept offer so no need to attend meeting on 24th Feb. Great to hear your DD is enjoyed Y8 and you're so pleased with the school. Yes our offer letter mentioned DD's musical interests - the whole selection has been very personable. I think there's a teambuilding event planned for Y7s which will be a great opportunity to make new long friendships. It really is a lovely school.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

Yes they go to PGL for the weekend in September, it's included in the fees. They'll have a great time!
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

Dr Short was wonderful when she was Deputy Head at Habs. She interviewed both means DD before 11+ entry there and she was wonderful all the time she was there.
Misty

Post by Misty »

I am very pleased with my DD getting through at St Helen's. We are looking forward to the meeting on the 24th, does anyone know how many children are there in a class in Yr 7 ?
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

Lots of great info - thanks everyone. DD is currently in State primary so is looking forward to small class numbers. Also hoping for some local friends from the Pinner, Ruislip, Eastcote, Northwood areas..... The sporting facilities look excellent and I understand some building development work has recently been completed.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Candy Crush - can i ask which local primary is your daughter in at the moment?
HappyCow

Post by HappyCow »

CandyCrush wrote:Fantastic result yesterday - DD is very excited about joining St Helen's. We were really impressed with the selection process. DD felt relaxed at interview despite some tough academic questions. I got to meet Dr Short, the headmistress, who was very personable and answered all my questions. DS is currently at Merchant Taylors and we are confident St Helen's will provide DD with same standard of excellent education. Roll on September!
Well done to you both.