How may questions in kendrick VR and NVR 05 & 06

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Boodoo

How may questions in kendrick VR and NVR 05 & 06

Post by Boodoo »

Hi there

I know this question has been doing the rounds, but I am trying to establish clarity on the no of questions in the Kendrick VR and NVR papers in Nov 2006 and Nov 2005. To any parents out there whose daughters took the exam, can you please cast your minds back and respond.
*my star 97*

how many questions in 05 & 06?

Post by *my star 97* »

Dear Boodoo

I was also wondering how many questions there were in 05,06,07 etc . As we are doing the exam this year we will post you a reply after the 16th Nov.Mean while If there is anybody out there, who knows, please reply! It would be nice to know 8) !

Regards

:lol: *mystar97* :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi,

I have been chasing this for about eighteen months without success. :cry:

We get little feedback from the Kendrick exam; it may be the girls can't remember. If Reading does 85 questions in 45 minutes multiple choice then in one hour for VR at Kendrick they probably do 100 standard format which is the number that comes back from the rumour mill. NVR not even had a good rumour yet. :)

Hope that helps not hard recollections but a consistent rumour. :)

stevew61
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi,

Asked a reliable parent who is preparing ( with difficulty :cry: ) her daughter for Kendrick exam 2008 about NVR. She thinks NVR is also approx. 100 questions in sixty miinutes, ouch :shock:

She also mentioned how unfair the system is last year she claims only eight out of ninety three places went to girls resident in Reading borough as unlike Reading ( Boys ) there is not a ten mile radius catchment so the competition is fierce.

Good luck,

stevew61
Ella

Post by Ella »

Hi Steve,

I have also heard that the NVR test might be 100 questions and not the usual 60 questions that you might expect - but IF it is 100 questions in 60 minutes, that will allow slightly more time than the average 30 seconds per question you usually find in the practice tests (if my maths is correct?). Therefore it breaks down into 5 sections of 20 questions with 12 minutes to complete each section. So it may not be such a bad thing afterall - IF our information IS correct, it could be completely different this year :roll:

I agree about the catchment issues with Kendrick. We live in the Wokingham Borough but are less that 2 miles from Kendrick, so I think that qualifies my DD to be within a reasonable distance from the school. However, I'm sure you are referring to girls that come from places much further afield - which I am always very :o about.

I will report back after 16th November (if we are allowed to as there may be a few that take the test later due to illness, although I have heard that Kendrick do not give ANY latitude at all if a girl is ill on the day) and that's only if DD does take the test!

Ella
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Ella,

Good luck hope your DD goes for it would welcome feedback. She may come out and not be able to tell you much :shock: shell shock :)

Number of questions and if in sections would be of interest.

Catchment rules can be circumnavigated a couple of year sevens at Reading are rumoured to be commuting from London obviously they have recently moved there after exam result :wink:

stevew61
mum100

kendrick

Post by mum100 »

Hi, from what i can recall my daugher sat kendrick (successfully) last year i am sure she came out saying there 90 questions nVR

Post by Guest »

stevew61 wrote: Catchment rules can be circumnavigated a couple of year sevens at Reading are rumoured to be commuting from London obviously they have recently moved there after exam result :wink:
stevew61
I believe that from next September's intake they have tightened up on this.
At the Open Evening this year, the admins officer advised that they now only award places to candidates that have max travel time of 45mins.
This is different to the previous year, as then it was stated that the max travel time allowed would be up to 1hr.
nervousmum

how many questions?

Post by nervousmum »

dear mum100
Thanks for posting , just wondered if your daughter could recall whether it was in timed sections . How hard did she find it - did she finish ?. Any more info gratefully received. Last minute panic setting in exam only 3 days away (Must not let dd know of my tru feelings) She seems almost oblivious to it all, cool and level headed, even this worries me.

thanks nervousmum
stevew61

Re: how many questions?

Post by stevew61 »

[quote="nervousmum"]She seems almost oblivious to it all, cool and level headed, even this worries me./quote]

Last year son said "it's strange only one day to go but I don't feel nervous" I said that was good. On the day we had some nerves but I explained that was natural and good as it will make you concentrate and work faster and hopefully more accurate, I felt sick inside :cry:

It's probably best that us parents stress and the kids take it in their stride. :D :D

Good luck for Friday..........soon be time to start a good luck Reading&Kendrick thread :shock:

stevew61

PS Bewildered where are you? PMs are one week old?