Brum Mum

Last couple of weeks now...

Post by Brum Mum »

Hope everyone is ok.

DS seems to have forgotten about it!
JamesDean

Re: Last couple of weeks now...

Post by JamesDean »

Hi BM - we're good here, hoping for a relaxing half term.

Offers from the local indies came out last week, so this has meant the 'who's going where' conversations have started again at school unfortunately. I can't wait for it all to be over now - but am also looking forward to what happens next after the offers are sent out. DS is completely chilled :)

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:Hi BM - we're good here, hoping for a relaxing half term.

Offers from the local indies came out last week, so this has meant the 'who's going where' conversations have started again at school unfortunately. I can't wait for it all to be over now - but am also looking forward to what happens next after the offers are sent out. DS is completely chilled :)

JD
Never mentioned here but know its on their minds. With one more secure of a place than the other, and no 'sure' back up, our wait could be just beginning....... :?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JD
Hey JD,

Glad to hear that your DS is chilled despite the conversations at school - I also can't wait for it to be over too.

I don't think any of DS' friends are off to indie, so no real comments from there although parents keep asking when we'll know... its lovely that they care, but a bit frustrating all the same.

Have a fantastic half term - its good to have the distraction isn't it?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Yamin151 wrote:

JD
Never mentioned here but know its on their minds. With one more secure of a place than the other, and no 'sure' back up, our wait could be just beginning....... :?
I know some other parents with the same issue - its a difficult situation to be in. Will you split them if they don't both get an offer? Also - no (reasonably) secure back up must be a worry...Have fingers crossed for you!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thank you Brum mum, likely they will be split up anyway because one has as chore robust enough for KES and as they both loved kes it would be really unfair to make the one who is in there give it up. The other is in hopes of AGS, which is literally down the road from us. They are resigned to being split up and after 7 years of being together in tiny primary I think it will do them good to be apart, they are very competitive, or at least, the one not in kes worse he is not as clever as the other and sometimes withdraws rather than go up against his twin. This is not the case, he is just as bright, just the other is the kind of bookish and conscientious that gained marks int he exam with no mistakes, know what I mean?
Not sure what we do if none of the 4 choices come up. Be very happy with any of them but as I say we don't 'automatically' qualify for any of them.
Homeschool and waiting list?
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Oh, I do feel for you Yamin, and everyone else in limbo. Many parents around here have just gone for local comp to stop the uncertainty - we would probably have done the same as its a very good school. But I realise we are in a lucky position to be able to do this. And hopefully splitting them up will be the making of your boys - they can both shine in their own right :)

Good luck to everyone - 13 days to go (in Warks - before you say anything Brum Mum :lol: )

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:Oh, I do feel for you Yamin, and everyone else in limbo. Many parents around here have just gone for local comp to stop the uncertainty - we would probably have done the same as its a very good school. But I realise we are in a lucky position to be able to do this. And hopefully splitting them up will be the making of your boys - they can both shine in their own right :)

Good luck to everyone - 13 days to go (in Warks - before you say anything Brum Mum :lol: )

JD
Thank you JD, I feel very supported here.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Yamin151 wrote:Thank you Brum mum, likely they will be split up anyway because one has as chore robust enough for KES and as they both loved kes it would be really unfair to make the one who is in there give it up. The other is in hopes of AGS, which is literally down the road from us. They are resigned to being split up and after 7 years of being together in tiny primary I think it will do them good to be apart, they are very competitive, or at least, the one not in kes worse he is not as clever as the other and sometimes withdraws rather than go up against his twin. This is not the case, he is just as bright, just the other is the kind of bookish and conscientious that gained marks int he exam with no mistakes, know what I mean?
Not sure what we do if none of the 4 choices come up. Be very happy with any of them but as I say we don't 'automatically' qualify for any of them.
Homeschool and waiting list?
As JD says, it sounds like the perfect opportunity for each DC to shine in their own right!

I've also heard of quite a lot of people that have not put a grammar down.
Last edited by Brum Mum on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:Oh, I do feel for you Yamin, and everyone else in limbo. Many parents around here have just gone for local comp to stop the uncertainty - we would probably have done the same as its a very good school. But I realise we are in a lucky position to be able to do this. And hopefully splitting them up will be the making of your boys - they can both shine in their own right :)

JD
I'm saying nothing :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now