Local primary expanding to 3 classes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mr147

Local primary expanding to 3 classes

Post by Mr147 »

Not sure if it has been mentioned but - a performing primary School should be able to take more children very soon.

http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/ed ... chool.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mayday

Re: Local primary expanding to 3 classes

Post by mayday »

I have wondered about this. Around here expansions filter up the school from reception, I have never heard of 30 new places being added in every year at once!
Mr147

Post by Mr147 »

mayday wrote:I have wondered about this. Around here expansions filter up the school from reception, I have never heard of 30 new places being added in every year at once!
Not sure if it starts at once - I think it will start from reception this intake, but surely once the School is rebuilt it will offer the extra places?

Be interesting to see how things develop
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Not in your area, but my school is currently expanding from 2 to 3 form entry. First 90 cohort started in September and we have a large building programme currently under way, due to finish at October half term. However, the expansion will only be for future year groups and we definitely won't be expanding any of the current 2 form years. I can't imagine the headache that would cause the staff, and the fallout from other schools whose pupils we would be seen to be 'poaching'!

JD
mayday

Post by mayday »

One would assume so, it says the bulk of the building work will be completed at the same time, so can't imagine the new classrooms will lie empty. Interesting indeed!
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Its only from reception, a new reception class will be added this September and each subsequent year. They're not adding to number of classes in the other years.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now