Count Down

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wilmslowmum

Count Down

Post by wilmslowmum »

With just a couple of weeks until allocation day i am surprised to find it so quiet on here, you must all be suffering in silence! Well i want to wish each family the best possible outcome, its a long time since i got my email with much wanted good news, in fact this year dd wants to leave her grammar school in favor of our local sixth form!!! She will with my blessing but those grammar school years have been very beneficial she wants to go to a mixed sixth form :shock: !!! Who can blame her!! Now it all starts again for me with my ds next september exams, i hope a few parents out there want to share the journey on this forum it certainly helps to have some moral support along the way.
rimi01

Re: Count Down

Post by rimi01 »

DS is in year 5, so we active members are away from offer day anxiety this year.
Good luck to everyone .
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Count down it is!!!! Just been for DS's parents evening. His teacher enquired about high school and all that, talked as if Alty is in the bag for DS....well i quitely said fingers crossed we will know for sure end of the month.

I personally cant wait for the allocation to come...but on the other hand...it is high school!!!! :cry: my little DS is no longer little anymore.

Hope everyone else is well and fine.....with the winds as fast 110mph yesterday...i hope everyone stayed warm and safe at home.
UrmstonDad

Post by UrmstonDad »

There is some confusion as to when 'allocation day' actually is this year. Traditionally it is 1st March, however this falls on a Saturday this year.
Written correspondence from Trafford MBC however suggests 1st March at 00:01 is when allocations will be published online; however if logging on to their own online admissions system it gives 3rd March 00:01 !

Anyone know for sure?
UrmstonDad

Post by UrmstonDad »

Answering my own question - email today from Trafford MBC, which I assume everyone has received confirming Sat 1st March for online allocations
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Anyone counting the days or hours :lol: to the national offer day!!!

I am....DH and DS has completley forgotton about this.....
Lancashire lass

Post by Lancashire lass »

Oshosh... Definitely counting down days and hours, DH sort of remembers but haven't really mentioned it to DS , so not sure if he is aware. Good luck everyone
Dids

Post by Dids »

Some parents at our school in Manchester LEA have had letters, I opted for email thinking it would be faster but not had and email. :(
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Anyone from warrington area, waiting for school allocation.

It says on online- when you log in, you should see the allocated school on the 28 th feb 2014. The info given on the website says if email was the option to receive school allocation then you should receive an email on the 28th. But my option was to receive by the post :roll: ....well it was DH's idea...so that we have something in black and white, and in any sense we can log in and see the allocation on the 28th.

So when will the paper copy reach us...there is no info on that anywhere. And do any of you have any experience of logging on and checking it last year. Was it midnight that you checked....

Any info would help......i biting my fingernails...and toe nails at this point :cry:
UrmstonDad

Post by UrmstonDad »

Has anyone in the Manchester LEA area who has received a letter already been offered a place at AGGS, and if so would they care to share their distance from the school ?!