Slowly going crazy!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Araucana girl

Slowly going crazy!

Post by Araucana girl »

Am I the only one who keeps going over the last few year's cut off threads to find out what the last position for CCHS intake was..........

Think I am going slowly bonkers, need to go back to work next week :oops:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Stressed79

Re: Slowly going crazy!

Post by Stressed79 »

No, me too! Cchs being colchester though. Roll on the 3rd so we know where we're at :shock:
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

So it isn't just me- phew!

Have already had a dream where all the school allocations were listed by school in a newspaper and I had to find DS and couldn't- tiny print and no order to the names.

Am expecting waiting list torment following the 3rd March- hoping for CRGS

Good luck to us all
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Do you think that for the future we should declare that putting your DC through the 11+ will no doubt send you crazy ? The work, the tutoring, the emotional roller coaster.. the grey hairs, the wrinkles, the arguments and the fact you start telling declaring that you will eat your hat to people you've never met but know you better than your neighbours ?!

I remember reading this forum last year just before allocation day and seeing how people were sent totally mad. I shall be here virtually holding hands this year.. and next.. and the year after when we try DS2 (and probably every year after as it will just become part of life!).

Hugs to you all, nobody has totally lost it.. yet.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Saffery13 wrote:So it isn't just me- phew!

Have already had a dream where all the school allocations were listed by school in a newspaper and I had to find DS and couldn't- tiny print and no order to the names.

Am expecting waiting list torment following the 3rd March- hoping for CRGS

Good luck to us all
Well. if it's any comfort, late last night I was looking something up on the Southend Admissions site and read something which caused me to panic that I had somehow interrupted DS2's application since the automated confirmation email.

(Response from the nice lady in Admissions to the email I sent at about midnight fortunately confirmed that I hadn't :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
talea51

Post by talea51 »

mikedellfarm wrote:Do you think that for the future we should declare that putting your DC through the 11+ will no doubt send you crazy ? The work, the tutoring, the emotional roller coaster.. the grey hairs, the wrinkles, the arguments and the fact you start telling declaring that you will eat your hat to people you've never met but know you better than your neighbours ?!

I remember reading this forum last year just before allocation day and seeing how people were sent totally mad. I shall be here virtually holding hands this year.. and next.. and the year after when we try DS2 (and probably every year after as it will just become part of life!).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You and I will be doing this again in 2016 then mikedellfarm! Wahey,we'll know each other very well by then! :D
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

talea51 wrote:
mikedellfarm wrote:Do you think that for the future we should declare that putting your DC through the 11+ will no doubt send you crazy ? The work, the tutoring, the emotional roller coaster.. the grey hairs, the wrinkles, the arguments and the fact you start telling declaring that you will eat your hat to people you've never met but know you better than your neighbours ?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You and I will be doing this again in 2016 then mikedellfarm! Wahey,we'll know each other very well by then! :D
I don't think I will be doing it again - don't think ds could cope with it. We are doing Bond Books slowly though but I really don't think he will be up to speed with his literacy in time for September 2015. Working with him at the moment to get his levels up and then I will see at the end of this year :wink:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Araucana girl wrote: I don't think I will be doing it again - don't think ds could cope with it. We are doing Bond Books slowly though but I really don't think he will be up to speed with his literacy in time for September 2015. Working with him at the moment to get his levels up and then I will see at the end of this year :wink:
To be perfectly honest, I don't know if dd2 will be up to speed with either literacy or maths but she wants to do it and I don't know how I can say no to her after her sister has done it....

My plan is to try and manage her expectations and then to hope for the best!

In an ideal world, I wouldn't do it with her but don't know how I would explain to her that it's not for her without her interpreting it as me saying that she's not clever enough. It's a minefield!
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

I have to go through this 4 more times with my 4 girls, one who's in year 5 at the moment so doing it two years in a row! Roll on 3rd March, wanting SHSB (oc) for my boy
djy76

Post by djy76 »

StephiB, I am impressed at 5, I am down to my last of 3 but he is a way off as he doesn't start school until September...

Good luck to everyone awaiting to hear results, we are waiting on a scholarship outcome but have managed to secure 2 indie options to hopefully go with a reasonable state option, albeit not GS this time round..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now