Bursary home visits

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Peachy

Bursary home visits

Post by Peachy »

Hi just wondering what happens during a home visit.. As I had an email arranging one before she sat the scholarship interview?? Does this mean she will defo have a place either with a scholarship or bursary?? Help arghhhh
eal238

Re: Bursary home visits

Post by eal238 »

We have applied for a bursary for the local indie my son has applied for and we've both just had our interviews today - me with the 'out-reach' lady for the bursary and my DS with the teachers... I'm unsure as to whether a home visit means you have secured a bursary or not, but I am aware that in a number of cases, a home visit may be requested by the out-reach worker..

Hopefully somebody will show up that might have some experience? Or perhaps you can update this thread with your experience and the outcome and I can revisit with my experience.. I have 3 weeks to wait until the 'no' letter or 'offer' letter hits the mat, so will be interesting to see whether a home visit has any baring on securing assistance!

Good luck! :)
Peachy

Post by Peachy »

Hi I got the email on Monday for an appointment for next weds eve but she was invited for a scholarship interview which she attended on weds so I'm hoping she will get one or the other ? The letter I received after the tests said she had done extremely well so it's all fingers crossed and the results get sent to us on the 20th... Doubt I'll sleep until then!! Good luck!
Peachy

Post by Peachy »

Oh forgot to mention the home visit is by the head teacher who has already interviewed us and our DS :shock:
Peachy

Post by Peachy »

Just a quick update We was offered a scholarship along a bursary totalling 50% :D
Missmolly

Post by Missmolly »

Congrats and well done to your child .We had an home visit too and got offered a scholarship and bursary.
eal238

Post by eal238 »

Goes to show all schools are different.. FF2002 got an 80% bursary offer with NO home visit... So not counting my DS out of the running just yet - offer day on Friday! So unbelievably nervous!!!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Fingers crossed for you and your son eal. It's easy on this forum sometimes to think all the schools are in the south east; but your son is already luckier than most, living where he does. :D
Peachy

Post by Peachy »

Fingers crossed for you as I know how nerve wracking it can be we was waiting at the door for the post woman... The best indication is through the school website reading chigwells after I knew I would get a home visit if a bursary was considered but not all schools work the same! Good luck x