A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maddiebean

A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Post by Maddiebean »

We're out of area so a bit of a lottery as to what dd will get given on 3rd.

The clock seems to be running on slow time.

Hurry up 3rd!

:D
MamaBear

Re: A thread for those quaking about 3rd March

Post by MamaBear »

Good luck Maddiebean, I know it feels like we've been waiting for ages.
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Thanks mamabear, you too. We HAVE been waiting ages :lol:
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

And I thought the weeks between 11 plus and results were bad. The wait until 3 March has been an eternity...

Good luck mamabear and Maddiebean, fingers crossed for your first choices.
akua26

Post by akua26 »

Maddiebean wrote:We're out of area so a bit of a lottery as to what dd will get given on 3rd.

The clock seems to be running on slow time.

Hurry up 3rd!

:D
I understand the head teachers of the various primary schools will know by now which schools have been allocated to each child in their school, am thinking, ask the head teacher to tell you what school DD got in this last week should be alright shouldn't it.? Unless it is considered a crime to do that.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

:D[/quote]

I understand the head teachers of the various primary schools will know by now which schools have been allocated to each child in their school, am thinking, ask the head teacher to tell you what school DD got in this last week should be alright shouldn't it.? Unless it is considered a crime to do that.[/quote]

You could ask, but if your head teacher has any sense at all, they will NOT tell you! NOTHING is official until 3rd of March, National Allocations Day and "could" in theory change before then (although unlikely). Imagine what would happen if a Head told someone they had got into a state grammar and that person rejected their indie offers and then the Head had got it wrong? They could be sued!
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

HA! Luckily for our Headteacher I'm at work so I can't be bothering her on the day :-)

Another parent told me today they got their email last year at 3.15 so I'll be doing the old click/refresh/click/fresh ad nauseam from 3ish I reckon 8)
edmum

Post by edmum »

I am a quivering wreck. I was so upset ( for my son) when his scores were just not as high as expected so struggling to be positive.

However thanks to a post ( on another thread) Skinners have announced they will be taking another form again so now I can't help but feel excited.

Yekes!!!
Maddiebean

Post by Maddiebean »

Fantastic news! I hadn't heard that! We have dd we're waiting to hear for this time but a DS who'll be following through this (traumatic) 11+ process soon enough.

Keep the faith Edmum and I know what you mean, you just know how much effort they have put in, you want so desperately for their score to reflect that (and their ability of course). I still think the test is a pile o'shite and not necessarily a true reflection of what a child is capable of. Where's the teacher input - you know, the school who has had them for the last 7 years and might actually know something about their true academic ability. Pinning it all on a couple of tests which may go well on the day or not is ridiculous. Rant over. I'm sure I'm not saying something everyone else has thought as their child (and they) have slogged through this process.

8)
edmum

Post by edmum »

Thankfully this is my last time but this is 3rd time so I will be delighted when its over- although I think we may be in a waiting list situation.

It is a rubbish test but worth it in the end- in my experience so keep that in sight next time!